Research Technician II
AnesthesiologyDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ 85724 USAPosition Highlights:
The Department of Anesthesiology is seeking a highly motivated Research Technician to assist faculty in conducting research using in vivo and in vitro techniques for studies of cell excitability, including ion channels research and photosensitization of cells.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow good laboratory practices.
- Maintain laboratory records, inventory and stock of supplies and reagents.
- Work in collaboration with other lab members.
- Conduct maintenance of laboratory areas, equipment and supplies by cleaning and maintaining quality records.
- Assist research faculty in the maintenance of a mouse colony with the goal of managing the colony independently.
- Perform routine laboratory procedures such as preparation of buffers and cell culture media when necessary.
- Perform molecular biology and cell culture experiments under faculty and/or postdoc supervision.
- Collect and analyze data, being responsible for lab records and data integrity.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
*Experience with basic laboratory procedures, molecular biology and cell culture. *Experience handling animals. *BS in Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Biology, Physiology, or related discipline. *1-2 years of experience in a research environment, performing experiments. *MS degree in related field is desirable. *Experience with basic laboratory procedures, molecular biology and cell culture.FLSA:
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
3Career Stream and Level:
Research & LabJob Function:
ResearchType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
3/8/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Joao de Souza, PhD, DVM | [email protected]Open Date:
2/18/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.