Extension Assistant II (4-H)(Sierra Vista, AZ)
Cochise County OfficeDepartment Website Link:
County Extensions and FarmsAddress:
1140 N Colombo Ave, Sierra Vista, AZ 85635 USAPosition Highlights:
Assist the residents of Arizona by bringing University research and support to Arizona's families to improve their lives, communities, and the economy.
Working collaboratively with faculty, specialists, associates and the community, design and implement educational and informational programs throughout the state. As the primary outreach arm of the University, develop and conduct 4-H Youth Development programs that meet the needs of individuals and communities across the state.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Primary outreach arm of the University, which deals with the educational advancement of the community in 4-H Youth Development.
- Responsible for the delivery of extension programs (4-H Youth Development) to the Arizona communities at large, typically hosting meetings and informational sessions.
- Utilizes online, virtual, and digital programming to develop and deliver specialized content and support the 4-H Youth Development program goals and objectives.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, and supporting new 4-H volunteers by employing innovative approaches to expand 4-H programs to under-served audiences throughout the county. Engage with the community to build awareness of 4-H programming through public events and youth engagement activities.
- Responsible for collecting annual program metrics, management of club renewal and financial information.
- Position will include working with volunteers on periodic reports, financial statements and records on program activities, progress, status or other special reports for program management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions.
- Training or teaching skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
- Ability to drive according to the University Fleet Safety Policy found here - https://risk.arizona.edu/sites/default/files/fleetsafetypolicy.pdf.
- Experience in volunteer management.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Agriculture and ExtensionBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
2Career Stream and Level:
Agriculture & ExtensionType of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
3/22/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
(520)458-8278 Ext. 2181
2/18/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.