Medicine AdministrationDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ 85724 USAPosition Highlights:
The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Tucson Campus is currently recruiting for an Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant will provide executive level support to the COM-Tucson Dean’s suite front desk. This position will serve as a point of check-in for those within the Dean’s suite (in collaboration with the current front desk assistant). This position will also support other COM-T leadership including the Assistant Dean for Financial Affairs and the Assistant Dean for Information Technology Services. The ideal candidate for this position will bring extensive executive level of support and is able to accomplish multiple tasks in a fast-moving, professional environment.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative assistance to the Deputy Dean of Financeand Business Affairs, and the Assistant Dean for Financial Affairs, as well as theAssistant Dean for Information Technology Services.
- Provide assistance to the COM-T (Dean’s suite) front desk matters such asanswering calls, walk-ins, etc.
- Address visitors, triage phone calls, etc. for the COM-T front desk incollaboration with the current front desk assistant.
- Assist with travel arrangements including but not limited to making hotelreservations, booking flights, paying for conference registration fees, etc., including processing travel authorizations (electronically) and processing travel expense reports upon trip completion.
- Process various transactions such as paying vendors, processing disbursementvouchers, and completing purchasing card forms.
- Set up meeting rooms for the Deans' meetings including zoom/videoconferencerequests, ordering of food, setting out agendas, and taking meeting minutes.
- Serve as the point of contact for the Dean’s suite Xerox copy machine and ice/water machine, as well as the point of contact for custodial service(s).
- Manage listservs through UA email list service.
- Route various documents for electronic signature such as travelauthorizations and contracts, as well as route various documents for ‘wet’signatures such as sales and service transmittal sheets.
- Analyze administrative and operational functions; review policy and proceduresystems for efficiency; and implement appropriate changes and system improvements.
- Interpret and implement university and outside agency rules, regulations,policies, and procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 1 year of relevant work experience required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
• Excellent customer service skills.• Advanced knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite.• Knowledge of administrative principles and practices.• Skilled in planning, analyzing, and coordinating activities, and establishing priorities.• Ability to maintain confidentiality.• Ability to work independently.• Ability to problem solve and make executive decisions.• Ability to handle stressful situations.• Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced work environment.• Ability to effectively communicate.• Knowledge of UA Access Financials.FLSA:
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Organizational AdministrationBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$20.20 - $28.05Compensation Type:
7Career Stream and Level:
Administrative SupportJob Function:
Organizational AdministrationType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Jerie Schulz | [email protected]Open Date:
2/18/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.