Children's Program Director - University Housing (141817)
Children’s Program Director
University Housing- Family and Graduate Housing
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Be a part of a dynamic and diverse community in Family & Graduate Housing. The Children’s Program Director provides meaningful educational experiences for residents of the Orchard Downs apartment community through management of the Orchard Downs Preschool and after school program (https://go.illinois.edu/odpreschool), and through providing leadership in developing activities for apartment families with young children.
PRIMARY POSITION FUNCTION/SUMMARY:
The Children’s Program Director provides oversight of day to day operations, supervision of full-time child development staff, and creation and implementation of a program curriculum. Additionally, the Children’s Program Director will have the opportunity to interact with a very diverse group of apartment families through the development of engaging activities designed to support residents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Training and Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Recruit, select, train, supervise, and evaluate professional staff and student staff for children’s programs.
- Schedule staff coverage for children’s programs.
- Conduct regular meetings with preschool and after-school staff.
- Coordinate with staff on preschool curriculum, daily and weekly lesson planning.
Education and Program Responsibilities:
- Develop and provide programs to meet the diverse needs of residents with children.
- Develop a systematic method of tracking behavioral concerns or problems related to the children’s programs and methods for communicating with parents.
- Provide guidance and support to staff, residents, and resident groups in planning and developing inclusive programs to meet the diverse needs of the community. Particular attention will focus on the needs of international residents and families.
- Plan and implement recreational, social, and educational programs and field trips for the children of the Family & Graduate Housing community.
- Collaborate and ensure compliance with the Department of Children and Family Services or other related. community agencies on issues of child abuse and neglect. Provide staff training in this area of mandated reporting.
- Identify and assist in the development of programs and activities that support the departmental and University missions.
- Promote parents’ involvement in programs within Family & Graduate Housing.
- Assist with major Family & Graduate Housing community programs that occur throughout the year.
- Develop and operationalize and execute University of Illinois, University Housing, and Family & Graduate Housing programming policies and procedures.
- Provide administrative coordination of the Orchard Downs Preschool (ODS), and After-School programs.
- Coordinate America Reads volunteers and other academic support-based tutoring programs.
- Organize, maintain, and check out equipment and supplies from the Family & Graduate Housing storeroom.
- Manage and organize the office in the Community Center.
- Monitor and approve bi-weekly and monthly payroll.
- Maintain participant files and provide information to risk management for insurance.
- Develop and maintain the marketing strategy for the children’s programs within Family & Graduate Housing.
- Manage the enrollment and orientation process for children’s programs.
- Contribute to long-range planning for the sustainability of the children’s program.
- Develop and administer program budget for the preschool, and after school program.
- Coordinate nutritious snacks and meal service, including contract, payment, and ordering.
- Ensure standards for health regulations for serving meals are followed.
- Operationalize supply and material purchases.
- Participate in professional staff meetings and professional development opportunities.
- Serve on and chair, as needed, various committees on the department and division level.
Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education, Child Development, Early Childhood Education or related field, and a minimum five years of experience in children’s educational programs or related field.
Masters’ degree in Elementary Education, Child Development, Early Childhood Education. Professional experience working with international populations, work experience with elementary and early childhood education and programming, and first aid and CPR certification.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION:
This is a full-time Civil Service Program Director position appointed on a 12 month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after March 4, 2021. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Applications must be received by March 4, 2021. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.Step 3) Upload the following documents:cover letterresume (months and years of employment must be included)academic credentials for all degrees attained (unofficial transcripts or diploma may be acceptable)names/contact information for three references.
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact Lance Oliver- [email protected] For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu.EEO.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment.
College Name or Administrative Unit:University Housing Category:2-Administrative Title:Children's Program Director - University Housing (141817) Open Date:02/17/2021 Close Date:03/04/2021 Organization Name:FGH-Admin