Sponsor Funded Office/Clerical - Research Technician III
Biomedical Science research can lead to discoveries that result in better patient outcomes. This research field can advance diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive measures for major human diseases. To significantly and rapidly accelerate Georgia State University as a recognized leader in this area, the Institute for Biomedical Sciences (IBMS) has been established to expand its contribution and efforts to research and education in these areas. IBMS is a leading multidisciplinary research and degree-granting education institute dedicated to advancing fundamental and innovative biomedical research that improves human health as well as educating and training future generations of leading biomedical scientists and health (non-M.D.) professionals related to biomedical sciences.
- Training new employees
- Performing research experiments
- Maintaining databases
- Cleaning the research area
- Performing sponsored research including working with BSL1 and BSL2 pathogens.
- Performing tasks at the direction of the PI or her designees which may include:
- Plasmid preparation
- PCR amplification
- Performing SDSPAGE analysis of protein samples
- Will also be trained to use the benchtop SPR and FPLC and will be doing protein-protein interaction studies for the whole laboratory.
- Responsible for maintenance of tissue culture cell lines and related experiments.
Bachelor's degree and three years of research experience; or High school diploma and seven years of research experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
05/29/21, 10:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Institute for Biomedical Science
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 02/18/21, 9:52:04 AM