Public Relations Specialist
The Office of Public Relations and Marketing Communications is looking to recruit a Social Media Coordinator at its downtown Atlanta location. The selected candidate will work on the PRMC content and distribution team and undergraduate admissions marketing team with a goal of improving communication campaigns and customer service on social media, as well as monitoring the social media pages for Georgia State University. The selected candidate will use social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, blogs, etc.) to engage with prospective and current students, providing accurate information about Georgia State. This person will be responsible for evaluating effectiveness of content posting on social media pages, creating Facebook ads developing relationships using social media, running, managing, tracking, and maintaining administrative oversight of the social media accounts.
• Works with team to plan and implement university communication through social media.
• Monitors and responds to customer service inquiries on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Chatbot, blogs, etc.).
• Develops relationships with partners across campuses to better assist students and answer their inquiries via social media and route inquiries to correct departments.
• Uses social media to create brand affinity with users. This includes messaging to target populations, monitoring, tracking and responding to messages and moving traffic back to appropriate Web pages.
• Generates student-focused social media content to include the main social media content calendar.
• Uses analytics and related dashboards (Hootsuite, Google Analytics, etc.) to evaluate the effectiveness of social media campaigns. Uses the data to improve reach and engagement on social media pages and platforms.
• Assist sat events for live coverage on social media.
• Interview and write student profiles for the News Hub and content marketing
• Assist with press release distribution through Meltwater
• Has administrative oversight of our social media accounts, and creates and build Facebook ads.
Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism or a related field and two years public relations, journalism or communication experience; or a high school diploma and six years of related experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
02/27/21, 10:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Public Relations and Marketing Communication
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 02/18/21, 9:00:44 AM