Duke Homecare & Hospice offers hospice, home health and infusion services. Hospice care is offered to terminally ill patients in their home, skilled-nursing facilities, assisted-living facilities, and at our two inpatient facilities located in Hillsborough and Durham, North Carolina.
Location: Durham, NC 27710
General Description of the Job Class
Provide administrative direction to assigned program to include managing and coordinating financial development and administration, special programs such as speakers and lecturers programs, publications and special conferences or other events to ensure fulfillment of the program objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- Coordinate and participate in meetings with faculty members to determine objectives of the program and/or center and to identify internal and external resources available to meet those objectives. Develop and implement program protocol, procedures, and operating policies.
- Prepare applications for grants and contracts to include development of budgets; administer departmental grants and contracts in accordance with University policies and sponsors' requirements regarding records, reports, controls and conditions governing expenditures of funds.
- Coordinate arrangements for special programs such as speaker series to include inviting appropriate speakers or other participants, arranging schedules, facilities, and publicity and ensuring necessary financial arrangements.
- Prepare brochures, bulletins and other publications to describe the program's academic goals, and events such as conferences and special programs; publish, develop and implement other communications vehicles such as newsletters to include compiling news and educational articles of local interest; write and edit text and coordinate printing and mailing or distribution.]
- Maintain liaison with outside educational and professional organizations and agencies to explore implementation of specialized programs at Duke and to encourage participation in specified programs. Coordinate the compilation of and prepare operational and financial reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Correspond with interested students and other universities to provide information concerning activities, policies and procedures of the program.
Required Qualifications at this Level
Work requires communications, analytical and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Work requires the ability to plan and administer programs and direct program activities within a specific functional area, generally acquired through four years of related experience.
OR ANY OTHER EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
SUPERVISION BUDGET PROJECTIONS ANALYZE TRENDS CUSTOMER SERVICE
Distinguishing Characteristics of this Level
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.