DHTS IT Analyst - Salesforce
Duke Health Technology Solutions is a robust, specialized division of Duke University Health System dedicated to the development and management of enterprise IT systems. A 2018 ‘Most Wired’ health system, Duke is nationally recognized for IT and information management as the first healthcare system to achieve the Davies Award – highest honor by the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) – for inpatient, ambulatory and analytics health information technology capabilities. Our employees are among the top-skilled IT experts in the Triangle and partner with leading scholars, clinicians and researchers across Duke University and Duke Health to develop innovative technologies that support our mission of delivering tomorrow's healthcare today.
Duke University Health System Job Description:
Job Title: DHTS IT Analyst – Salesforce
Job Code: 3844
Job Level: CD
Occupational SummaryThe IT Analyst – Salesforce demonstrates knowledge and proven application of knowledge within a specific Information Technology discipline(s). The Analyst is a hands-on resource that has strong Salesforce platform administration experience, with experience in Salesforce Health/Service Cloud. The role will be responsible for Business Analyst/Administrator duties within a Health/Service Cloud org. This experience includes technical requirements, system configuration, and user requirements. The position is also responsible for designing and implementing solutions that improve and automate operations and usage/effectiveness of the salesforce platform. In addition, the position will execute all configuration changes and will proactively monitor system configuration and controls. Work Performed
- Acts as a liaison between the development partner, business and IT for building and maintaining solutions, tools, and processes in the applicationUnderstands all aspects of SFDC configuration and technical/functional capabilities, including all changes and potential system implications related to SFDC release upgradesCommunicates regularly with SFDC designated super users to provide support, information and training on new features and functionality. (Support may include assistance with data imports/exports, assistance with data integrity projects or other requests.)Communicates regularly with SFDC Service & Business Owners, Technology leadership, and other stakeholders to ensure functionality meets business needs and to support development and execution of the organization SFDC roadmap of projects.Maintains at least high-level familiarity with other IT system /business application capabilities and scope definition in order to make recommendations about potential upstream/downstream integration or functionality intersection points. This role would champion SFDC within the technology systems group, educating other team members on the capabilities and potential applications of SFDC.Collects business requirements, identify success criteria, and determine the business value of proposed solutions
- Develops ad-hoc reports as requested by user groups or stakeholders, performs analysis on data as required
- Partner with IT and external consultants for solution design, programming/development work, and promotion of solutions from Sandbox to Production. Maintain and communicate system metrics to track trends in usage and data integrity.Proactively audit and improve configuration settings to enable top system performance, and to keep current with the latest capabilities of each release.
- Performs Ongoing system administration, including but not limited to:Manages security settings and conducts regular security/configuration audits
- Manages new user set-ups and deactivation, including transferring ownership of accounts/contacts/opportunities for deactivated users Executes configuration changesPerforms new release evaluations & executes new functionality roll-outsRegularly audits data to uncover data integrity issues and/or opportunities for process improvementPerforms mass data imports using the API or import tools as requested
- Manages and implements customization requests, including creating workflow triggers, workflow alerts, automated email responses, etc. Maintains updated system documentation and related SFDC policies/procedures
Experience & Certifications
Ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate proven core Salesforce System Admin skills and knowledge, including user management, workflows/rules, page and custom object configuration, Site and Community administration.
- Requires experience configuring/administering Communities Requires experience configuring/administering Service CloudSalesforce.com Certified AdministratorStrongly desire Health Cloud administration experienceProficiency using Salesforce data management tools such as Data Loader, Excel Connector, Eclipse, DemandTools, or DupeBlocker.Demonstrated problem solving aptitude, including working with others to quickly reach sustainable resolutions.Strong understanding of databases, data modeling, data quality, data mapping, reporting, and analyticsMust be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision. Strong analytical skills, excellent organizational skills Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects and rapidly changing priorities. Ability to communicate with clients at all levels.
- Displays superior ability to facilitate cross-functional communication, including ability to identify/resolve conflict Ability to coach, mentor and communicate best practices
- Desired, but not required certifications:
- Salesforce Advanced AdministratorSalesforce Certified App BuilderSalesforce Certified Sales Cloud Consultant and/orSalesforce Certified Service Cloud Consultant
Required Qualifications at this Level
Bachelor's degree in a related field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required.
Credential requirements will vary, depending on work area.
Level 1 - No experience required beyond the minimum education (or equivalency) requirement.
Level 2 - Two years of related experience is required.
Level 3 - Four years of related experience is required.
Keeps current on new industry trends in a specific discipline and applies learnings to assignments.
Takes personal responsibility for taking actions on projects that result in solutions that truly address customer needs.
Understands when to request supervisor involvement in programming related matters.
Considers impact to others and current processes within discipline prior to taking action.
Adapts individual work style and reprioritizes assignments as changes in department or project goals or requirements are communicated.
Independently completes complex tasks and portions of larger projects.
Identifies and uses appropriate resources to accomplish tasks and build individual and team knowledge.
Suggests new approaches to accomplishing individual responsibilities or team assignments.
Accomplishes assignments/project objectives through keeping people focused on the solution and the team informed of project status.
Shares information and solicits input and ideas from other team members.
Persuades team members to use different work steps/methodologies to accomplish assignments.
Promotes the goals of the initiative, setting aside departmental or functional biases to achieve objectives.
Delivers systems or programs that are completed on time and within budget.
Self-motivated and focused on delivering quality work even when faced with difficulties or over a longer-term project.
Possesses advanced knowledge and proven application of it within a specific discipline.
Provides assistance to project team members in accomplishing technical or programming-specific tasks.
Independently completes complex tasks and portions of larger projects.
Realistically evaluates own progress against expectations/goals and takes necessary actions to address developmental needs or performance issues.
Develops realistic project plans for assigned tasks or portions of larger projects and modifies plan as requirement changes are communicated.
Obtains necessary information/data to complete assignments independently or as part of a project team.
Understands client/project issues to develop moderately complex solutions within a single discipline.
Develops strong working relationships with colleagues and/or project team and customers to effectively complete team goals and objectives.
Builds strong working relationships with members of his/her team and interacts and establishes relationships with individuals in other teams or departments as needed.
Keeps current on industry and market intelligence; applies appropriate new technologies and best practices to specific discipline or functional area.
Adapts/modifies personal and project goals to align with IT priorities.
Uses a variety of communication styles to get (technical) messages across clearly to a variety of audiences through the use of terminology and examples that are familiar.
Displays ability to recognize appropriate communication, audience , timing, and content necessary for building and maintaining alliances for success.
Effectively communicates specific IT issues/solutions to clients.
Develops solutions that help the customer in both the short- and long-term.
Takes personal responsibility for taking or directing actions on projects that result in solutions that truly address customer needs.
Takes action without being prompted to achieve business goals.
Identifies and uses appropriate resources to accomplish projects and build knowledge within a specific discipline or department.
Persuades others to reach conclusions or make decisions regarding complex issues through understanding the ideas, situations, or problems by breaking the issue into small pieces or by identifying causal links or relationships.
Synthesizes data from multiple (appropriate) sources to make sound decisions.
Considers impact on IT goals prior to making decisions.
Implements new approaches, and/or technologies to develop solutions meeting customer's needs.
Promotes goals of the initiative, overcoming departmental or functional biases to achieve objectives.
Delivers systems or projects that are completed on time and within budget.
Ability to motivate and focus self and others to reach long- term project goals even when faced with difficulties.
Possesses expert knowledge and proven application (through developing solutions and efficiencies) of it in a specific discipline or functional area.
Actively seeks out opportunities to share his/her in-depth knowledge and contribute to the learning of other department or team members.
Performs and coordinates simple to complex tasks with direction.
Accepts accountability for decisions, actions, and commitments of self and others to successfully meet project objectives.
Prioritizes and organizes project actions and resources to achieve targeted objectives.
Achieves project objectives through the identification and coordination of the right people to participate in the project initiatives.
Identifies key issues, analyzes cause/effect relationships, and seeks ideas and suggestions from those who can contribute and are affected.
Develops solid working relationships with colleagues, customers, and across project teams to effectively achieve functional/project goals.
Builds strong working relationships with members of his/her team and those within other relevant teams, departments, or disciplines.
Keeps team focused on goals and addresses issues to ensure good working relationships are maintained.
Leadership skills, team-oriented with ability to take initiative and ownership when necessary.
Strong analytical and technical skills.
Demonstrated relationship management skills.
Job Code: 00003844 DHTS IT ANALYST
Job Level: CD
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.