Job no: 498313
Department: Nursing - Hamilton Campus
Location: Hamilton, OH
Work type: Hourly Staff
Categories: Office, Clerical, Administrative Support
Status: Full Time
$16.90Hours Per Week:
Performs a variety of complex administrative tasks involving some discretion and requiring moderate amounts of independent judgment related to the oversight of the daily operations of a University administrative unit.
• Monitors and reviews operations of unit; ensures smooth work flow; ensures work product meets professional standards.
• Serves as informational resource to staff; investigates and resolves problems or difficulties related to area of expertise.
• Assists University staff, faculty, and students; answers inquiries and provides information.
• Oversees staff; assists in the enforcement of policies and procedures; establishes schedules and reviews performance.
• Gathers and analyzes statistical information regarding department's programs and activities; produces reports.
• May assist in the performance of various financial and budgetary tasks including preparing and monitoring budgets, preparing fiscal reports, or processing payments; may maintain inventory of supplies.
Requires nine months of coursework or training beyond high school in Business Administration and three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and expertise
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of unit's operations, policies, and procedures
• Supervisory skills
• Knowledge of computer and office applications
• Research skills
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Submit cover letter and resume to: PageUp Link.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560. As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.Date to Begin Screening Applicants:
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact [email protected] or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 17 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time