Web Developer Digital Mktg
The School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management (STHM) seeks a highly collaborative and highly skilled web developer for its marketing and communications team. Working closely with and taking direction from the Director of Marketing Communications, this position’s primary responsibility will be to support the overall marketing strategy by planning, designing and developing web productions for the school, all sub-units, and other Temple University web properties.
The ideal candidate should be creatively driven, have an incredible attention to detail, and the ability to turn an idea from a sketch into a live working site. We are looking for individuals who are team focused and have the ability to deliver high quality creative work in a fast-paced environment. This role is part of an integrated team including a graphic designer, social media marketer, and content writers. A successful candidate will be well-versed in web analytics tools, strategies that drive user engagement, and act as subject matter expert providing recommendations to ensure the STHM website is optimized to meet the overall goals of the marketing team. The Web Developer/Digital Marketer will be responsible for designing, developing, and launching new websites and site features, managing the project from concept to completion. In addition to supporting new initiatives, the incumbent will help update, manage and maintain the current STHM website, ensuring all best practices and trends for design and optimization are achieved. The incumbent will also work alongside the marketing communications team to develop and implement measurement strategies to track and analyze STHM’s digital presence through Google Analytics. This is an onsite position in our Philadelphia, PA campus, but due to COVID, the candidate will be onboarded and start this position on a remote basis. To be considered, candidates must submit a portfolio of relevant work along with a resume.
Perform other duties as assigned.Required Education & Experience:
- Expert knowledge with WordPress and/or Drupal
- Basic SQL knowledge
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud programs necessary (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Acrobat, etc.)
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills, and takes initiative to start and complete projects
- Ability to communicate directly with peers, managers and other departments while leading development to a completed and successful solution
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple timelines and complete tasks quickly within the constraints of necessary timelines and budgets
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities while serving as a resource to all STHM departments
- Familiarity with Advanced Custom Fields and how to implement in PHP
- Ability to take a project from start to finish, build a wireframe mockup and turn it into a responsive website
- Solid understanding of SEO, social media, and Google Analytics
- Highly professional and collegial work style, with the ability to work in a collaborative and constructive manner, and to exercise good judgment in rapidly evolving situations.
- Experience with WCAG accessibility, responsive design techniques, SCSS/SASS, jQuery, Foundation, Bootstrap or similar front-end frameworks
- Understanding of Salesforce, Trello, Airtable, Zapier, PowerBI Experience with plugin and theme customization
Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law. Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and. employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact. To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu. Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: http://www.temple.edu/safety/asfr/ You may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University’s Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900. Primary Location:
Day JobEmployee Status:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University