Family Medicine - Faculty Physician/Clinician Educator
Permanent FacultyWorking Title:
Family Medicine - Faculty Physician/Clinician EducatorAppointment Type:
Fixed Term FacultySalary Range:
Dependent on Qualifications and ExperienceFull-time/Part-time:
FAC0003383Posting Open Date:
12/18/2020Open Until Filled:
YesProposed Start Date:
Would you like to join a team dedicated to excellence in primary care? At the Department of Family Medicine at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, we have a long history of leadership locally and nationally, an aspirational culture, and an innovative attitude. High quality, compassionate patient care is at the center of everything we do. We are known for our innovation in practice redesign and the provision of full-scope patient care. Our doctors care for babies, children, adolescents, and adults throughout the life cycle, including the provision of maternity care. We provide extensive services for physical health, emotional wellbeing, nutrition, and acute care. Our strategy embraces modernization while attending to quality improvement, population health, cost reduction, and care team wellbeing. Learn more about the UNC Department of Family Medicine at: https://www.med.unc.edu/fammed/
As a Faculty Physician/Clinician Educator you will be an integral part of our department’s success. Our team members advance the tripartite mission of the UNC School of Medicine, including excellent patient care, superior teaching, and impactful research. We support our faculty with professional development opportunities in the department, in the institution, and nationally. Each faculty member is supported by a mentoring subcommittee that helps build the framework to a successful career, including career planning, counseling around career goals, and regular review of academic activities, all tailored to individual professional and personal goals.
The Department of Family Medicine is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates. Faculty rank and salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus excellent UNC faculty physician benefits and clinical incentive pay. The Department prefers full-time positions, but is willing to negotiate to no less than .75 FTE (full time equivalent). Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Clinical: Clinical responsibilities will be determined by practice location and each applicant’s qualification and training, all determined with the fair and standard allocation of FTE credit applied to all faculty. Our faculty clinicians are based in one of our three practice locations:
- The UNC Family Medicine Center at Chapel Hill: continuity clinic and urgent care
- The UNC Family Medicine Center at Carraway Village: continuity clinic and urgent care
- The UNC Family Medicine Center at Durham: continuity clinic
In addition to our outpatient clinics, many of our faculty work in inpatient settings including our main family medicine inpatient service at UNC Hillsborough Hospital, our inpatient service at Chatham Hospital, and our Observation Unit at UNC Main Hospital. The individual distribution of the inpatient and outpatient work is based on applicant interest and department need.
• Teaching & Education: Our department cultivates a diverse and inclusive teaching environment. Like all other faculty in the department, the person in this position will fulfill the institution’s teaching mission and will teach and mentor medical students, interns, residents, fellows, and other learners in a variety of clinical settings.
• Research: All faculty are encouraged to develop a scholarly interest. Clinical faculty are expected to produce a scholarly product, which may include national presentations and should include manuscript submission, at a rate of one every one or two years.
• Institutional Citizenship: All faculty are expected to work as part of the larger team to improve access, reduce cost, improve quality, and promote efficiency and better health outcomes. You may be asked to engage in community outreach and attend professional events to assist with program development and building professional relationships. In addition, attention to timely and complete documentation and patient satisfaction is expected.Educational Requirements:
MD or DO required.Qualifications and Experience:
Candidates must be board eligible or board certified in Family Medicine. Fellowship training and/or an advanced degree (e.g. MPH) is highly desirable, but not mandatory.Equal Opportunity Employer:
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.