Open Rank-Lecturer or Teaching Assistant Professor in Marketing
PG190767EPInternal Recruitment :
Open Rank-Lecturer or Teaching Assistant Professor in MarketingAnticipated Hiring Range:
Commensurate with experience.Work Schedule:
Varies depending on course schedule and level (i.e., graduate or undergraduate).Job Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
Business Management- College of ManagementAbout the Department:
The Poole College of Management at NC State University actively engages with industry and academia to create an innovative and collaborative intellectual environment that fosters learning, scholarship, and service. We focus on developing and supporting leaders with an entrepreneurial mindset and analytical problem-solving capabilities to positively impact our data-rich, dynamic, global economy.
The Department of Business Management in the Poole College of Management houses faculty specializing in areas of marketing, finance, operations and supply chain management, and information technology. Faculty work closely with our centers and initiatives, including the Consumer Innovation Collaborative and the Supply Chain Resource Cooperative.Essential Job Duties:
- The primary responsibility of this full-time, non-tenure-track position is teaching Marketing courses in the undergraduate program and/or graduate (MBA) program, beginning Fall 2021. Title and compensation will be based on the candidate’s experience and credentials
- The candidate is expected to teach various marketing courses related to Marketing Management, Product/Brand Management, Channel/Services Marketing, or related courses.
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to teach introductory Marketing Management to undergraduate students in a large lecture setting, along with traditional and/or online course delivery appropriate for undergraduate and professional MBA students.
- Lecturer typically teaches 4 class sections (12 credit hours) per semester (1-2 sections for each course).
- Assistant Teaching Professor typically teaches 3 class sections per semester (1-2 sections for each course), with additional scholarly research responsibilities.
- Candidates must also be a contributing faculty member to department and college service activities.
- Develop and deliver assigned course(s) under the direction of the Department Head.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Candidates must have MBA or relevant master’s degree in marketing or related discipline.
- Teaching Assistant Professor should have a DBA or Ph.D. Teaching experience or professional experience in marketing preferred, in addition to other criteria as established by departmental rules.
- Applicants must have extensive knowledge of marketing areas such as segmentation, positioning, pricing, relationship marketing, channel and retail marketing, product development, and quantitative/qualitative marketing research methods.
- Successful candidates should have experience in marketing management positions in private or public organizations in addition to a demonstrated teaching interest and ability.
- Evidence of high-quality university-level teaching through, for example, teaching evaluations and letters of recommendation. Ph.D. or DBA preferred.
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
01/28/2021Anticipated Close Date:
February 28, 2021Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Please attach the following: Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Letter of Application/Cover Letter, and Contact Information for 3 References.
OPTIONAL: evidence of teaching excellence (teaching evaluations and/or recommendation letters as “other documents.”
Forward all questions to
Non-Tenure-Track FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
Non-RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
202001 - Business Management-coll Of MgAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.