IT Trainer / Instructional Designer
PG190793EPInternal Recruitment :
IT Trainer / Instructional DesignerAnticipated Hiring Range:
$57,000 - $62,000Work Schedule:
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm, with some flexibilityJob Location:
Raleigh NCDepartment :
Outreach, Communications, and ConsultingAbout the Department:
Outreach, Communications and Consulting (OCC) is a unit of the Office of Information Technology (OIT) at NC State University. The unit coordinates a wide range of activities and provides technical training, consulting, media production, application web development and information services to enhance the use of technologies. The unit acts as a liaison to foster engagement and open communications between OIT and the NC State community it serves.Essential Job Duties:
- Provide training and outreach
- Stay abreast of advances in technology for online and in person course development; work with other units such as DELTA to coordinate technologies and evaluate for need
- Provide instructional design and content development for for a variety of OIT’s services to create online and in-person workshops: Google Workspace core services, cybersecurity awareness trainings, and other methods (e.g., 2fa) to safeguard university and personal data
- Implement instructional design methodologies and technologies and provide online content and delivery for courses and workshops (e.g. Data Security Training)
- Technical training at the tier 2 / 3 level for Google Workspace, IT Security and other areas as needed
- Technical support at a tier 2 / 3 level for Google Workspace, IT Security
- Write content / documentation and other materials (marketing) for training & outreach
- Outreach efforts such as employee orientation to IT environment, New Student Orientation, and other outreach opportunities
Graphic design services and support
- Digital and paper publications & communications
- Digital and paper marketing & campaign planning (orientation, new services)
- Participate in planning, e.g. for 2FA student project rollout
Represent OCC unit and OIT on various committees and teams
- OIT’s Cybersecurity Awareness team
- OIT’s 2FA core team
- OIT’s Quickstart and New Employee Orientation team
- OIT’s New Student Programs team
- Assist with events and projects undertaken by the OCC team
- Bachelor’s degree with zero – two years relevant experience; or combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Technical knowledge of the above listed applications, as well as the ability to ascertain end user needs to effectively develop, communicate and train on the services; understanding that end users possess varying degrees of technical savvy.
- Ability to work effectively with other technical staff for training, content and online course development.
- Instructional design experience
- Graphic design experience
- Demonstrated experience with training and content creation
n/aValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
02/18/2021Anticipated Close Date:
Open Until Filled.Position Number:
EHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
514001 - Outreach, Comm & ConsultingAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.