Employment SpecialistAnticipated Hiring Range:
$46,500 - $49,000Work Schedule:
8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday Overtime required during peak periodsJob Location:
Campus EnterprisesAbout the Department:
Campus Enterprises is NC State University’s division of retail and hospitality organizations — NC State Dining, NC State Stores, Lonnie Poole Golf Course, NC State Student Centers (Witherspoon and Talley), and the One Card Office. Each unit shares a common goal: deliver quality and efficient services with dedicated financial support for student activity and scholarships.Essential Job Duties:
- The Employment Specialist plays a fundamental role on the Human Resources team to deliver excellent guidance to supervisors and employees within Campus Enterprises. This position will report to the Human Resources Consultant (Assistant HR Manager), and will partner with the supervisors across the Campus Enterprises Division. The incumbent must be knowledgeable of HR Federal and State laws and University policies to ensure the needs of the department are met while following HR best practices.
Primary responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Processing employment requests for temporary and student employees in designated units within Campus Enterprises. Units may change at the supervisor’s discretion.
- Ensuring that Campus Enterprises staffing needs are met in a timely and efficient fashion.
- Ensuring the timely and accurate processing, review, and consideration of background check results.
- Working closely with members of the main Human Resources team to ensure policies and procedures are being followed.
- Offering recommendations regarding necessary training and new procedures needed.
- Assisting in developing training and presenting training to supervisors as needed.
- Will take a lead role in the recruiting of temporary employees.
- Serve on teams and committees as assigned.
- Model the division’s mission and values, introduce the division’s mission and values to employees, and foster a positive and cohesive
workplace and congeniality among co-workers.
- Adhere to all University policies, procedures and regulations, and division standard operating practices.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.Other Required Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Human Resources employment laws and best practices in human resources procedures and methods.
- Knowledge of Background Check practices.
- Demonstrated ability to build professional relationships and be a member of productive team.
- Excellent communication, organizational and customer service skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets (or similar software), with the ability to learn additional software.
- Excellent and accurate data entry skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Experience in HRIM, Applicant Tracking Systems, and/or Background Check software.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study and/or SHRM certification preferred
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoJob Open Date:
02/18/2021Earliest Close Date---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.):
- In addition to your application please submit a cover letter, resume and contact Information for references.
Please make sure that the work history listed on your application is identical to the work history listed on your resume.Position Number:
SHRAPosition Classification Band Title:
Human Resources SpecialistPosition Classification Band Level:
JourneyPosition Classification Salary Range:
$31,200 - $64,530Salary Grade Equivalency:
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.Full Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Mandatory - Medical EmergenciesTime Limited Position:
NoTime-Limited Appointment Length (if applicable):
N/AIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
470101 - Campus EnterprisesAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.