Maintenance Mechanic II
Maintenance Mechanic IIAnticipated Hiring Range:
$33,000 - $36,000Work Schedule:
Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.Job Location:
Bldg Maint & Oper-CentennialAbout the Department:
The 900+ positions of the Facilities Division service the students and staff of the University’s teaching, research/administrative space and 2,240 acres of infrastructure. The Facilities Division provides design and building services, maintenance, custodial, landscape, solid waste removal, utility, mail, and motor pool services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The goal is to deliver cost effective services to the University, ensure completed projects and maintenance that conform to codes and regulations, while minimizing University liabilities and disruptions caused by the maintenance, repair, building, and equipment modifications to the University.Essential Job Duties:
- This position performs basic maintenance, operations, and repair of campus facilities to include building HVAC, mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
- This position provides technical assistance to others by troubleshooting simple facilities maintenance issues and determining their cause.
- This position may also be required to repair leaks, check boiler level, assist with pipe installation, basic PM operations, and basic electrical/plumbing repair
- Must be able to work overtime and/or alternate shifts when necessary for emergencies and unforeseen circumstances.
- This position has been designated as essential personnel for the University and may be required to report to work during adverse weather conditions even though the University may be operating on an alternate schedule. This position may assist with snow and ice removal under the direction of a supervisor.
- Additional duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalency; or demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work. Some positions may require special licenses or certification(s).
Optional Guidelines: Experience in the trade(s) areas related to the area of assignment may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.Other Required Qualifications:
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally with supervisors and the general public and understand verbal and written instructions and other communications regarding work assignments and other matters.
- Some experience in HVAC, steam, plumbing, and electrical trades.
- Must be able to lift 90 pounds or more occasionally.
- 2-3 or more years relevant experience in the maintenance or building system trades.
- A Valid North Carolina Driver’s License is required within 60 days of hire and must be maintained.
YesCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoJob Open Date:
02/18/2021Earliest Close Date---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.):
SHRAPosition Classification Band Title:
Facility Maintenance Technician - Mechanical TradesPosition Classification Band Level:
ContributingPosition Classification Salary Range:
$31,200 - $66,138Salary Grade Equivalency:
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.Full Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Mandatory - Evacuations/Natural Hazards, Mandatory - Utilities/Infrastructure Failure, Non Mandatory - Emergency EventTime Limited Position:
NoIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
448001 - Bldg Maint & Oper-CentennialAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.