Temporary - Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
The position is a per-diem non-benefitted Certified Nursing Assistant position. The shifts are variable (7a-3p, 3p-11p, or 11p-7a, weekdays, weekends, and holidays). The position is for one academic year only. University Health Services (UHS) at Princeton University is a fully accredited (Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, or “AAAHC”) health care facility. Located in the McCosh Health Center, the Caldwell Field House and Dillon Gym, UHS provides comprehensive health services to more than 7,500 Princeton undergraduate and graduate students, and specialized services to Princeton University faculty, staff, and employees who experience work-related injuries and illnesses, or who require consultations regarding international and travel medicine. UHS’s mission is to enhance learning and student success by advancing the health and well-being of our diverse University community. This mission is pursued and supports the University’s purpose by using current knowledge of health and human development to guide responsive, high quality clinical, prevention, and consultation services.UHS’s values are Respect & Compassionate Care; Integrity & Service Excellence; Collaboration & Innovative Solutions; & Engagement & Lifelong Learning.UHS hires individuals of all backgrounds. We build on our staff’s diversity--recognizing, valuing, and appreciating the different perspectives, talents and energy of all. UHS invites all its employees to make a valuable contribution in this regard. We firmly believe that being an inclusive and culturally responsive community is one of the foundations of a vibrant, relevant organization. We aspire to develop the mindsets, knowledge and abilities to build equitable and inclusive systems, teams and culture. The CNA provides support by assisting with patient care, housekeeping, clerical, food service, and other duties as assigned. The duties listed are not all inclusive of the position. The CNA functions under the supervision of the registered nurse, and may perform other tasks not listed at the discretion of the registered nurse.
Temporary - Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Job ID: 2020-11877
# of Openings: 1
Category: Health Services
Princeton University is seeking a self-motivated, knowledgeable, energetic, and flexible professional to serve as a nursing assistant on the overnight care unit. The Infirmary is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, during the academic year from September to June (closed during the summer), providing after-hours nursing care to students. The Infirmary follows written protocols and has 24 hour physician and counselor support.
Clinical Care (50%)
- Assists nurses as directed to provide care for patients
- Takes vital signs and reports any abnormalities to registered nurseAssists patients with ambulation and activities of daily living as neededChanges bed linensAnswers call bellsMonitors patients on one-to-one basis as directed by RNReports to nurse any pertinent information regarding patient statusPerforms collection and testing of specimens as directed by RNMaintains open communication with other staff membersPerforms hand off care with oncoming and outgoing nurse assistantsAssists nurses to provide emergency after-hours care to student
- Assists in providing a clean, safe environment on the Infirmary unit and other areas as needed/designated
- Keeps patient rooms clean and tidyCleans discharge roomsMonitors cleanliness and tidiness of bathroomsDisposes of dirty linen in laundry bags and stores dirty linen in linen hampers in the designated areaCleans surfaces in utility rooms, solarium and nurses stationTidies exam room after useMaintains cleanliness in kitchen and dining area
- Enters student information into computerAssists with admission and orientation to unitOrders and distributes meals and snacks to patientsAssists with patient care related activitiesAnswers telephoneDirects visitorsOther data entry as designated.
- High School DiplomaCertification as a Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certifications
- Minimum of 1-year work experience working in an acute care, urgent care, or emergency settingAbility to move freely throughout the unit, and stand for long periods of time.Ability to physically move/ambulate patientsAbility to maintain confidentialityFlexibility: The shifts are variable (7a-3p, 3p-11p, or 11p-7a, weekdays, weekends, and/or holidays). Dependability – attendance is critical