Title: Telecom Administrator
Job no: 492680
Location: Harrisburg Campus
Categories: Information Technology, Staff
Salary: $49,508- $63,123
Job Summary: This position's role is to ensure the stability and integrity of in-house voice, fax, and communication methods and technologies by installing, configuring, programming and maintaining Voice-Over-IP (VoIP) communications.
Bachelor's Degree in related field and 3 years related experience required. Or, a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Hiring Range: $49,508- $63,123
• 3 years working on a telephone system
• Certifications in related fields of Networking or VoIP desired
• Cisco certification such as CCENT, CCNP or equivalent certification
Job Specific Task List:
- Applies in-depth knowledge of Cisco Unified communications Manager (CallManager) to install, configure, and maintain VoIP servers, call center manager, routing tables, and scripts; focuses on access and transport services which are connected to and supported by these services; manages chat and bot technology, fax servers, notification systems and desktop application softphone. - (Essential)
- Develops projects, business plans, and priorities to meet goals and objectives; develops technical specifications, standards, solicitation packages, and statements of work; coordinates orders, services, delivery, and acceptance of services; contributes to departmental financial planning and projections. - (Essential)
- Configures and maintains monitoring and reporting tools; designs and generates service analysis and performance indicators for campuses or divisions; responds to notifications of outages and ensures communication is provided to stakeholders; troubleshoots simple to complex application and server issues. - (Essential)
- Manages projects and assesses their effectiveness; develops, enhances and sustains procedures, processes and systems, including checklists and forms; develops methods to accomplish necessary objectives; provides input and recommendations for standards. - (Essential)
- Exhibits exemplary communication skills and professionalism; establishes and maintains effective working relationships which reflect the high-quality service expectations of the College; utilizes appropriate communication methods via available technology (phone, email, virtual meeting) or in person; collaborates with staff to resolve issues; documents problem-solving processes. - (Essential)
- Provides mentoring and cross training support for other team members. - (Essential)
- Travels to other campuses and off-site locations as needed; responds to after-hours support for infrastructure related emergencies; must have a dedicated high speed connection for connection to the college's resources remotely; must be reachable by phone during hours the college is operating; reachable by phone twenty-four hours a day seven days a week; flexibility in work schedule is required. - (Essential)
- Performs other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:ExcellenceWe set high goals and achieve them.We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.We provide exceptional service to all.InnovationWe challenge the status quo.We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Feb 17, 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Mar 14, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time