Adjunct Faculty - GED (Skilled Training Academy)
Title: Adjunct Faculty - GED (Skilled Training Academy)
Job no: 492689
Job Summary: Online Adjunct faculty are part-time faculty hired to teach 100% online on a semester basis.
This position will be remote through August 2021. The position will report to the Harrisburg, PA location upon determination of physical campus opening. This is subject to change.
Bachelor's in Secondary Education or related field. Two or more years of adult teaching experience.
Licensing Requirements: Required to be compliant with PA Child Protective Service Laws. For additional information, please visit https://hacc.edu/HumanResources/NewHire/index.cfm
The Equipment You'll Need:
It is HACC’s expectation that candidates selected for this role will provide their own technology equipment while working remotely.
• Your own computer (Windows, Linux, or Macintosh desktop or laptop) with current web browser installed (Firefox, Edge, Safari, Chrome) https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/the-latest-version/
• Access to broadband internet connection at all times during employment (DSL, 4G/LTE, FIOS, Satellite, or Cable/Xfinity/Comcast https://www.speedtest.net/
• Equipment/technology which enables you to communicate synchronously during meetings and other events, such as USB Headset, speaker and microphone, captioning services, adaptive technology, assistive devices, etc.
If you are not able to meet the equipment requirements listed above and are selected for the role, you can request a special accommodation. Our ability to grant your request will be based on documented need and inventory availability.
Hiring Range: $25.00/hour
Preferred Qualifications: Professional Secondary Teaching license
Job Specific Task List:
- Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to teach adult and non-traditional students high school equivalency exam (GED) content areas through proven-successful contextualized and accelerated approaches focusing on college and career readiness.
- Participate in a collaborative and dynamic instructional program model to include involvement in the development of curriculum, syllabi and lesson plans appropriately aligned with the GED exams.
- Foster the development of critical thinking and problem-solving skills through instruction and in-class student interactions.
- Participate in on-going professional development and program improvement team meetings to enhance skills and instructional performance and share resources/ideas to meet the needs of students and the program.
- Deliver instruction through various modes to engage diverse learning styles.
- Demonstrate ability to document and assess student progress toward mastery of PA Academic and College and Career Readiness Standards (CCRS) providing consistent and ongoing feedback to students about their progress.
- Administer appropriate assessment instruments (TABE). Assist in making interpretations and recommendations for remediation activities in collaboration with the student and GED Coordinator.
- Maintain daily student attendance records and complete weekly attendance tracking.
- At all times, exercise professionalism and establish an inclusive environment that respects all socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Strive for excellence in teaching, applying adult education best practices and modeling behaviors that encourage student success and retention.
- Other duties as assigned by GED Coordinator.
If part time, hours per week: Up to 10 hours/per week
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:ExcellenceWe set high goals and achieve them.We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.We provide exceptional service to all.InnovationWe challenge the status quo.We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Feb 18, 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Feb 28, 2021 Eastern Standard Time