Executive Assistant I
Posting #: 2979
Position Status: Full-time regular
Location: San Diego
Position Type: One Stop Student Center, Staff
Executive Assistant I; One Stop Student CenterPosting #
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.Detailed Description:
To provide excellent customer service while assisting all undergraduate/graduate students and parents with financial aid, registrar, and student account services. Perform technical and complex administrative work following federal, state, institutional, and private guidelines concerning financial aid, student account collections, registration policies, and FERPA regulations.
This position is responsible for knowledge of federal and state regulations and USD policies as they relate to student eligibility for financial aid, registration, progress towards a degree, and student account requirements to maintain registration. Acts as primary reception for walk-in visitors and for incoming telephone calls, and email cases. Assists students and parents in solving short answer issues, directs them to self-help stations, processes payments, or directs them to see a counselor.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reception Services
- Main point of contact for all Walk-in, Email Cases, and Telephone Inquiries
- Assist students with detail oriented information and at times difficult situations in a calm, courteous and accurate manner.
- Decide what action to take with every student. This includes resolving their question, instructing them how to perform their transaction or inquiry at the self-help stations, or referring them to a counselor.
- Answer telephone and email cases when not serving walk-ins with the same courtesy and skill.
- Balance the time to do this with the requirements of calling students by projected wait time from the queue.
- Assign incoming email and voicemail cases in a timely manner to counselors when appropriate based on complexity.
- Customer Service
- Provide excellent customer service by greeting all visitors to One Stop pleasantly and professionally.
- Conduct a holistic review of the student’s account during every interaction and take the steps necessary to resolve all issues in a timely manner.
- Instill confidence in all visitors that their question will be answered competently and completely.
- Make every attempt to resolve issues in a single interaction.
- Partner with offices across campus as student’s advocate to resolve all issues in a timely manner.
- Educate students how to use the MySanDiego portal to handle routine transactions from any computer allowing the One Stop Student Center staff to focus on and resolve more intricate issues.
- Informal Supervision
- Educates Student Assistants and Graduate Assistants on One Stop Student Center and University policies and procedures.
- Assigns tasks and prioritizes workload on a continuing basis for Student Assistants and Graduate Assistants.
- Monitors customer service skills of student staff to ensure they are of the highest quality.
- Assistance to the Director
- Demonstrates initiative in performing tasks and looking for areas of improvement in office procedures, customer service, and office maintenance.
- Responsible for keeping accurate inventory of office supplies including ordering when inventory reaches re-order points.
- Maintains office machines and handles or distributes incoming faxes.
- Orders catering, makes room reservations, schedules meetings, and coordinates with vendors as appropriate.
- Other projects, tasks, and reports as assigned.
- High School diploma
- Three years experience in a position that requires critical thinking, time management,
customer service, and analytical skills required. Education may be substituted for up to two years of experience at the rate of two years college = 1 year experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Experience with CRM preferred
Performance Expectations - Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Proven record of superior customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience maintaining confidential information and handling sensitive data with discretion and tact.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks, deadlines, and time constraints calmly,
accurately, and effectively.
- Background in processing payments and balancing cash drawer.
- Must be able to make appropriate decisions in a variety of scenarios while balancing the best interest of the student and the University.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Highly comfortable with technology, including the use of Microsoft Office Suite. Experience
with Banner, Cash Net and CRM preferred.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills including, but not limited to, listening, oral and written communication, and empathy.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Flexibility and openness to change.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment when making decisions.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, staff, administrators, students, and parents.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.Posting Salary:
Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Resume and Cover Letter Required
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at [email protected]Additional Details:
Hours: 37.5 per week
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Advertised: February 17, 2021 Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: Open until filled