Administrative Support Associate - Journey
Administrative Support Associate - JourneyPosition Number:
944788Vacancy Open to:
Academic AffairsClassification Title:
10421 Admin Support AssociateCompetency Level:
2 - JourneyWorking Title:
Administrative Support Associate - JourneyNumber of Vacancies:
1Full Time Equivalent (FTE):
1.0Full Time or Part Time:
Full TimeRecruitment Range:
$31,200 - $40,156Anticipated Hiring Range:
$31,200 - $40,156Salary Grade Equivalency:
8-5pmPosition Location (City):
Staff - Office/ClericalOrganizational Unit Overview:
The Office of the Registrar is responsible for the integrity of student records for the university, the planning and execution of registration of students each semester, assignment of classroom space for classes and meetings, issuing grades, issuing transcripts, certification of degree requirements for students, mailing diplomas to graduates, and maintenance of a computerized student database.Job Duties :
This position serves as the primary front desk receptionist to the East Carolina University Registrar’s Office. This position is the primary point of communication for students, alumni, faculty/staff, and visitors.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide administrative support to the Registrar’s Office and other university departments.
• Assist walk-in guests with inquiries and forms.
• Direct walk-in guests to an applicable unit within the Registrar’s Office.
• Facilitate incoming/outgoing mail and shipments.
• Distribute interoffice mail.
• Manage point of sale system for academic transcript transactions.
• Oversee petty cash fund, receipting, and daily deposits.
• Process registration requests, course withdrawals, and student record changes.
• Oversee department email communications.
High school diploma or equivalency; or demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work.License or Certification required by statute or regulation:
N/ALicense or Certification required by the Department:
N/ASpecial Instructions to Applicant:
- Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and education are listed on your application. Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.
- If you answer the questions at the end of the application, please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences to support your answers (see job duties section of previous employment).
- Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application will not preclude your application from being considered but may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis.
02/18/2021Job Close Date - Positions will be posted until 11:59 p.m. EST on this date; If no closing date is indicated, the position will be posted until filled and may close at any time after the recruitment has been completed. :
02/25/2021Open Until Filled:
NoQuick Link for Direct Access to Posting:
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.AA/EOE:
East Carolina University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. We encourage qualified applicants from women, minorities, veterans, individuals with a disability, and historically underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, color, genetic information, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Individuals requesting accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) should contact the Department of Human Resources at (252) 737-1018 (Voice/TTY) or [email protected].Eligibility for Employment:
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. If highest degree earned is from an institution outside of the U.S. and its territories, final candidates are required to have their degree validated as equivalent to the degree conferred by a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.Office of Human Resources Contact Information:
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (252) 328-9847 or toll free at 1-866-489-1740 or send an email to [email protected] Our office is available to provide assistance Monday-Friday from 8:00-5:00 EST.