Adjunct Assistant Professor, Introduction to Healthcare and Medical Terminology
Title:Adjunct Assistant Professor, Introduction to Healthcare and Medical Terminology Opportunity Type:Part-time Position Type:Adjunct Faculty Position Classification:Exempt Home Department:Sciences for Health Programs Pay Grade:N/A Open until filled:Yes Overview:
Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live.
Under general supervision, the Adjunct Assistant Professor for Sciences for Health Programs develops, prepares and teaches a variety of coursework consisting of Introduction to Health Care and Medical Terminology. Adjunct Faculty are employed on a term-by-term basis and may be assigned teaching duties at SF’s main Northwest campus or at any of the College’s six educational centers. Course offerings within the Sciences for Health Programs Department may be taught during the day, evening, or online, as well as taught using other distance learning formats. This position is to staff onsite teaching sections, although online instruction may be considered if the applicant has previous online instruction experience. Must be available to work a flexible schedule at multiple sites.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Plan, organize, and deliver introduction to health care instruction in classroom settings to promote student success within a community college setting.
- Support and promote the college and departmental missions centered on excellence in teaching and learning through quality instruction, curriculum enhancement, and service.
- Collaborate with department chair, faculty, and peers to evaluate, revise, and develop curriculum to cultivate the mastery of course content.
- Provide students with frequent, timely assessment of and clear feedback regarding academic performance.
- Appropriately document student progress and maintain accurate records such as attendance, grading and achievement of student learning outcomes.
- Honor student confidentiality and privacy as per appropriate laws, regulations and college rules.
- Proctor exams.
- Maintain appropriate office hours proportionate to the instructional assignment.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement. Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Academic Chair, Sciences for Health ProgramsQualifications:
Required: A minimum of a master’s Degree in Health Sciences, Health Science Education, Public Health or a master’s degree with at least eighteen (18) graduate hours in any combination of the qualifying fields listed is required: Environmental Health, Epidemiology, Health Sciences, Health Sciences Administration, Healthcare Ethics, Medicine, Nursing, Occupational Health, Public Health, and/or Veterinary Medicine. A professional degree (MSN, MD, DO, DC, DVM, or other advanced clinical degrees awarded by nationally accredited institutions) may be accepted as fulfilling the degree requirements.
Other: A criminal background check will be conducted.
Preferred: Relevant teaching experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
- Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
Application Process: All applicants must submit an online SF Employment Application submit an up-to-date resume, as well as college transcripts through the job portal to be considered for this position. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes, official transcripts are required prior to any offer of employment being made. Official transcripts for purposes of employment are defined as those sent directly from the awarding institution to an agent of Santa Fe.Contact: Required Documents:Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts