Enterprise Risk Management Specialist
Enterprise Risk Management Specialist
Posting Number: S01528
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
The preliminary mission of the Office for Enterprise Risk Management is to assist the Middlebury community - faculty, staff and students - in their ongoing endeavors and in their pursuit of new initiatives and opportunities while limiting the financial, academic, and personal risks to all of its members. A critical success factor for the program is the cultivation of a risk management culture. The Enterprise Risk Management Specialist manages the outreach support for risk programming across the College. The person in the position is responsible for identifying, recommending, developing, implementing and managing opportunities across the College to increase risk awareness. The Specialist is responsible for tracking and reporting out to management and the Risk Team on the effectiveness of outreach and overall risk efforts. The Specialist will assist the Chief Risk Officer and the Title IX Coordinator with administrative duties as needed. The Specialist reports to the Chief Risk Officer.
• Develops and supports risk management outreach programming (i.e. training, Risky Business Week; tools and resources)
• Utilizes project management skills to monitor and communicate on risk mitigation efforts.
• Utilizes project management skills to manage risk management initiatives in collaboration with the Risk team (includes all faculty/all staff/all student events, leadership events, etc.).
• Plays key role in evaluating and enhancing the Enterprise Risk Management office’s risk maturity through effective programming.
• Manages Risk Committee schedule by topic (Audit, Legal, Heat Map, Risk, ERM) as well as by Safety, Operations and Compliance
• Participates as a member of the Risk Outreach Committee and actively participates in weekly meetings. Organizes meetings, agenda and follow-up items with team.
• Manages the Enterprise Risk Management website by utilizing marketing and project management skills to maintain key messages, events and effectiveness.
• Manages the annual budget planning process and maintains accuracy of budgets of applicable departments throughout the year.
• Communicates effectively and consistently using multiple vehicles and communication channels and explores and implements new or alternative communication vehicles and methods to reach across the College including LogicManager, Qualtrics, Wordpress, etc.
• Manages the day-to-day office administration for the Chief Risk Officer Coordinator to include meeting schedules, invoices, travel, conference calls, and special events.
• Assists the Risk Committee SAO to prepare for Board of Trustees meetings (3x annually).
• As a member of the Risk Office management team, takes part in participatory management process. Works with all members of the team to create an efficient and harmonious work environment.
• Maintains flexibility and willingness to contribute to resolution of problems.
• Must be able to work cooperatively with others and accept direction from supervisors.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree or associate’s degree with additional course work and equivalent experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Utilizes marketing background
• Utilizes project management background
• Familiarity of enterprise risk management programs
• Demonstrates independent judgement and discretion
• Works independently but communicates effectively and timely to VP
• Strong project management skills including vision, planning, communications, enthusiasm, execution and management of resources to complete specific deliverables within budget and time.
• Strong marketing skills including experience developing campaigns to effectively market and promote programs and initiatives.
• Vision and creativity in program design and promotion.
• Seeks different points of view and leverages diverse perspectives in group processes and decision-making. Checks own views against the views of others.
Minimum of two years of work experience in the risk and compliance area. Higher education experience preferred.
Must be able to climb stairs, sit for long periods of time each day, and complete errands across campus
Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information on our background check policy can be found here: http://go.middlebury.edu/backgroundchecks
To apply, visit https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/22851
Middlebury is an equal-opportunity employer where diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. To this end, Middlebury recruits talented and diverse faculty, staff, and students from across the United States and around the world. Middlebury encourages applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of other protected classes and historically underrepresented communities. Middlebury also invites applications from individuals who demonstrate an ongoing commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency