San Diego Community College District
Closing Date: 3/16/2021
Position Number: 00120267
Location: San Diego Mesa College
Position Type: Academic
From San Diego Mesa College President Pamela Luster:
San Diego Mesa College seeks energetic and dedicated candidates to apply for academic positions. The College is committed to academic excellence and diversity, equity and inclusion among its faculty, staff, and students. As the “Leading College of Equity & Excellence”, we take responsibility for equitable outcomes and work together to create successful pathways for all of our students.
As the largest college in the San Diego Community College District, the institution enjoys a solid financial standing, state of the art facilities, and a world class faculty and staff. For 56 years, Mesa College has been on the leading edge, from offering a Community College Bachelor's Degree, to being the #1 California Community College to graduate students with an Associate Degree for Transfer in 2016.
We are adding new staff, faculty and administrators who, alongside our stellar colleagues, will lead us into the future. Candidates who believe that they can demonstrate a commitment to equity and excellence by creating the conditions that matter for our students to succeed are encouraged to apply.
Applications are currently being accepted for Nurse Practitioner in Student Health Services located at San Diego Mesa College. Hours are M-F 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, but may vary between Monday-Thursday, 8:00 am-6:00 pm; Friday 8:00 am-3:00 pm, subject to change, some weekends and evenings.
Selected candidate must be willing to adjust work days/hours based on the
Under supervision of the Director of Student Health, this position is responsible for providing direct patient care to students, coordinating college community health programs and supporting registered nurses, medical assistants and clerks in the Student Health Services Office
NOTE: This is a restricted position and may continue contingent upon Student Health fee revenue.
• Provide primary patient care to clients including accurate history physical exam, diagnosis, plan of care, emergency care and first aid.
• Prescribe medication and evaluate the effectiveness of the prescription.
• Prescribe and administer vaccinations, tuberculin skin test, injectable medications.
• Assist clients to obtain low cost medical care, pharmaceuticals, referrals and diagnostic tests.
• Order and maintaining an inventory of supplies and medications.
• Establish and maintain a quality assurance program
• Maintain emergency equipment, participating on disaster and crisis committee and maintaining current on statewide disaster planning.
• Teach in classrooms and at informal/formal forums, provide community health education, and integrate nursing science with knowledge for the highest level of nursing practice.
Master’s in nursing
Bachelor’s in nursing AND Master’s in health education or health science
the minimum qualifications as set by the Board of Registered Nursing, whichever is higher.
• An active, unrestricted California Nurse Practitioner Furnishing number.
• Possession of a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution and a current, active Family Nurse Practitioner credential from the California Board of Registered Nursing and a current, active Registered Nurse license from the California Board of Nursing and a Public Health Nurse certificate from the California Board of Registered Nursing. Current credential as a Family Nurse Practitioner from the American Nurse Credentialing Center.
• Family Nurse Practitioner experience with an equivalent of two years, full time, of practice within the past 5 years.
• Grow and align with primary medical/nursing care programs to advance the mission, vision and goals of an institution of higher education.
• Demonstrate skills in primary care, urgent care, wellness education, preventative care, first aid.
• Design, implement, evaluate and document successful public health and community health programs.
• Work with students of great diversity in socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic background, including those with different levels of academic preparation and varying physical and learning abilities.
This is a restricted position funded by a cooperative agreement with SDCCD utilizing student health fee revenue for an indefinite period of time. The position could continue, based upon renewal of funding through SDCCD utilizing student health fee revenue.
Class 1, Step A - Class 6, Step C ($5,883.75 - $7,928.01) per month based on the current AFT - COLLEGE Faculty Monthly Salary Schedule.
Initial salary placement for this Assistant Professor is commensurate with required education and related teaching experience as outlined in section A2.1 and A2.2 of the AFT Faculty Collective Bargaining Agreement and it is non-negotiable. The District offers a comprehensive fringe benefit package including employer-paid medical, dental, vision plans, sick leave, and opportunities for professional development. This position is FLSA Exempt and may not accrue overtime. Benefits will be provided under the terms of the AFT-Guild, Local 1931 - Faculty Collective Bargaining Agreement. Annual Salaries will be recalculated for service less than a full academic year based on Education Code §87815, any required adjustment will be made with-in the first pay period. Travel reimbursement for interviewees traveling more than 200 miles, one-way, may be paid according to geographic location (see SDCCD Travel Stipend Policy, Rev 7/14/2011). The SDCCD Employment Web Page provides a link to employee collective bargaining agreements and handbooks, and more information about terms and conditions of employment to include salary and benefits.
To apply, visit: https://www.sdccdjobs.com
All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency