Portfolio Project Manager
Portfolio Project Manager
Job Number: 88494
School/Unit Description: Ensuring that Stanford is the best led, best managed university in the world, University Human Resources (UHR) supports a culture and environment where Stanford people contribute great things and experience the same. The HR Solutions within Client Services team supports departments under the UHR umbrella in delivering university-wide programs for Stanford faculty and staff. As a UHR team member you will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills by taking advantage of our many professional development opportunities. We are also known for our collaborative nature where team members are encouraged to share their ideas, think out of the box and where skill sets are unified to enhance the team as a whole. We strive to encourage our team to have a healthy work/life balance and provide support to achieve this balance.
Position Summary: As the Portfolio Project Manager, you will partner with the University HR departments and leadership team to manage the work to accomplish University HRs portfolio of projects, enhancements, and strategic initiatives. If you are someone who is passionate about leading and motivating matrix project teams and effectively leveraging partnerships and systems to deliver University-wide HR programs and services, this position will both excite and challenge you. You will be a direct member of our Client Services team reporting to the Senior Director and responsible for developing
UHR's Project Management function, managing UHR's portfolio of projects and providing project management on efforts with university-wide impact requiring complex change management, vendor management and system implementations.
As University HR's Project Portfolio Manager, your responsibilities include:
- Manage University Human Resources' portfolio of projects, enhancements and strategic initiatives.
- Perform the full range of project management cycle for projects with university-wide impact that include complex change management, system implementations and vendor management: initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing.
- Independently lead and direct projects requiring high levels of functional integration and involving multiple disciplines to be managed.
- Direct development of an action plan, and estimate requirements for resources, including management, labor, materials, and time required to complete project.
- Facilitate discussions and negotiations to drive recommendation consensus within a highly complex and cross-functional environment.
- In partnership with University Human Resources' leadership team, drive priority decision making and ensure resources are appropriately allocated to accomplish the portfolio of work.
- Create and help execute comprehensive change management strategy and communication plan relative to project/portfolio scope and stakeholders; orchestrate and lead change management methodologies underlying project success.
- Develop and lead matrixed Project Management Office function within University Human Resources including methodology, process and tools to support the function.
- Provide hands-on team coaching, mentoring and/or training on portfolio/project management subject matter expertise to business partners.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- 10+ years of experience managing complex projects within a higher education environment
- A Bachelor's degree in management information systems or similar
- Strong consultative, presentation and written communication skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to accuracy
- Exceptional project and portfolio project management skills.
- Ability to constantly perform desk-based computer tasks. Frequently sit, sort, file paperwork or parts, grasp lightly, and use fine manipulation, lift, carry, push and pull objects that weigh 10 pounds or less. Occasionally write by hand, twist, bend, stoop and squat. Rarely stand, walk, reach or work above shoulders and use a telephone.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to organize work and to manage multiple projects.
- Exceptional and effective written and oral communication skills to address a wide variety of audiences.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of university operations, administration, community, and mission.
- Ability to productively assemble, engage and lead cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated project management ability to employ integration, scope time management, cost, quality, human resources, communications, risk and procurement components.
- Demonstrated resilience, diplomacy, influence, relationship building, and problem solving skills in a variety of situations.
- Keen grasp of interpersonal and impact awareness.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified completion of a Project Management Certificate program, or certification in process desired.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more
Other duties may also be assigned, not all unique aspects of this job are covered by this job posting. A full job description will be shared during the interview process.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4924
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 88494
Location: Human Resources Services, Redwood City, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency