Job Number: 88500
Job Code: 4743
Job Grade: F
FTE: 100%, Non-exempt
Financial Aid Office: Offices of Undergraduate Admission, Financial Aid and Visitor Information Services
The Financial Aid Office strives to enable all admitted students to take advantage of the opportunities at Stanford through one of the most generous financial aid programs in the nation. We are a dynamic team of dedicated professionals committed to serving all students, both undergraduate and graduate, and their families. We maximize use of technology to provide funding, tools and information necessary to meet educational expenses for all students. We ensure that institutional, governmental and private funds are administered in compliance with the highest standards of fiscal responsibility.
As a key member of the Financial Aid Office's Technology Team, the Loan Coordinator will be responsible for oversight and administration of educational loan programs for graduate and undergraduate students and parents, with total loan volume of approximately $22M per year including federal, private, and institutional loans.
Your responsibilities include:
- Establishing complex record-keeping procedures, including cross-indexing by several factors and the designing of necessary forms.
- Maintaining existing databases and develop guidelines to ensure data integrity; may integrate data from several sources.
- Identifying and selecting usable data from extremely subtle and complex data patterns, applying practical understanding.
- Utilizing computer applications to manipulate and report complex data.
- Developing new tools to assist with data collection and analysis.
- Working with data providers to discuss and clarify data ambiguities, inconsistencies etc.
- Performing audits of own work or that of others to ensure conformance with established procedure.
- Selecting and applying appropriate formulas, computer programs, or applications depending on data content.
- Facilitating the exchange of information and data files between Stanford and partner agencies.
- Ensuring compliance with federal regulations.
- Creating and maintaining documentation of procedures.
- Training and assisting staff.
- Helping student and parent borrowers.
- May provide administrative support.
*Other duties may also be assigned.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Strong clerical, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to exercise judgment and employ basic reasoning skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
In addition, minimum requirements include:
- High school diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent and three years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or auditing a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery ad fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4923
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: H
- Department URL: http://med.stanford.edu/neurology/
- Requisition ID: 88500
Location: Undergraduate Admissions: Financial Aid Office: Visitor Information Services, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency