Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Sss - Teacher Prep
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The Intervention Specialist, under general supervision, develops and oversees a portion of the Student Support Services-Teacher Prep cohort, which provides services and resources to pre-service early education through 12th grade teachers.
- Oversee a caseload of pre-service teachers enrolled at the university who are earning their first bachelor's degree.
- Provides academic support and advising to participants.
- Serve as primary point-of-contact, advocate, and “first responder” for participants.
- Oversee and manage labs and study rooms to regulate noise levels, cleanliness, upkeep of supplies, and daily operations.
Supervising and Training: 10%
- Train, supervise, evaluate Coaches and lab assistants, and provide tasks daily.
- Develop and implement workshop and training opportunities for student cohort.
- Aid Director and Assistant Director with federal and institutional reports.
- Manage student cohort databases and updates the student appointment and attendance database to reflect current student participant areas.
- Coordinate outreach activities with Director and Assistant Director, as well as other TRIO Programs to maximize the number of activities SSS-TP students participate in.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Three (3) years of related experience.
- Additional education may be used as a substitution for the minimum experience requirement.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to be able to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Knowledge of TExES certification exam, PPR, and TSI
- Ability to operate standard office equipment and to gather and compile data.
- Ability to work some weekends and travel to conference for training and program sponsored student group trips purposes.
- Two (2) years TRIO experience (SSS, UB, McNair, etc.).
- Teaching experience in Pre K-12 grades.
- Texas teaching certification or certification eligible at time of appointment.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Intervention-Specialist_R-035638
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency