Part-Time Temporary HR Clerk
Job Title: Part-Time Temporary HR Clerk
Location: UNG - Gainesville
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 224102
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Part Time Temporary HR Clerk. The Part-Time Temporary HR Clerk will be responsible for preparing and scanning a variety of paper documents and uploading digital documents to the Document Management software. Responsible for assisting HR staff with front desk operations.Responsibilities
- Prepare, scan and index a variety of paper and digital employee documents to the document management software. Shred and properly dispose of paper documents.
- Answer incoming calls from the main telephone line and transfer to the appropriate individual or department when necessary. Greet employees and visitors and answer general questions. Assist new hires and rehires with completion of onboarding documents.
- Assist other functional areas in the HR Department as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be able to work independently, follow instructions, pay close attention to detail and be highly organized.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality. Must provide excellent customer service.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office software Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Must be reliable and able to have a flexible work schedule.
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks throughout the entirety of the shift.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Experience using scanners and document management software preferred.
- HR Office experience preferred.
- Cover Letter
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
Please submit contact informaiton for three professional references.