Resident Assistant (Alternate) - Institutional Student Worker
Job Title: Resident Assistant (Alternate) - Institutional Student Worker
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 224273
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Alternate Residence Assistant for the North Georgia Suites.The role of the Alternate Resident Assistant is that of a live-on liaison between the Student Affairs Staff and UNG residents. The Alternate Resident Assistant's primary function are to assist Residence Life and attend Fall/Spring RA Training to be prepared to step into the role of Resident Assistant (RA) if/when the opportunity arrives. RAs must also demonstrate a commitment to the goals of the Residence Life Program as well as an adherence to UNG Policy.Responsibilities
- Sitting desk duty inside a residence hall.
- Participate in training and opening/closing activities within each semester.
- Enforce community standards and Residence Life policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated of leadership abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Sensitivity to the needs of others
- Time management
- Good judgment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills
- Teamwork skills
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker
- At least 1 semester living inside a residence hall. Must attend at least 1 New RA Interest Session, attend Phase 1 & Phase 2 Individual Interview(s) during New RA Process.
- Must maintain at least a 2.5 GPA while being in good standing with the University of North Georgia (financial, judicial and/or academic). Must complete a housing contract and assume all financial/legal obligations related to the contract.
- Prior leadership experience, experience with event planning and working with budgets is preferred.
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.