Part Time Library Assistant
Job Title: Part Time Library Assistant
Location: UNG - Gainesville
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 224149
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Part Time Library Assistant on the Gainesville campus. This position will be responsible for circulation and access services delivered to faculty, staff, and visitors at the University of North Georgia Gainesville Campus library on weekend, evening, and some weekday hours. Will support Collection Maintenance efforts and other projects as needed. The position reports to the Head of Access Services.Responsibilities
- Assists students, faculty, staff, and community patrons in person, chat or by telephone. Provides check-in and check-out of library material and basic information about library and university services. Resolves patron account issues and makes referrals as appropriate.
- Participates in collection maintenance work and projects including, shelving, preparing new materials for circulation, shelf-reading, shelf cleaning, shifting, and inventories.
- Assists with opening, closing, and monitoring the safety and security of library users, library property and facility.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to exercise initiative and good judgment as a team member.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties.
- Knowledge of productivity software (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Knowledge of automated systems including integrated library systems, Banner etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Positive, customer-focus service skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent technology troubleshooting skills.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2 years customer service experience required.
- 60 semester credit hours preferred.
- 2 years of library experience preferred.
- Cover Letter
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
Please submit contact information for three professional references.