Admissions Representative - Regional
Admissions Representative - RegionalPosting Number:
Admissions RepresentativeWorking Title:
Admissions Representative - RegionalClassification Code:
1343RCW Exemption Criteria:
13 - Counseling of StudentsEWU Position Number:
Non-ExemptBargaining Unit :
PSE% Full Time:
100Salary / Wage Range:
PS - 101Salary Information:
$31,484 – $40,000Anticipated Start Date:
04/01/2021Term of Appointment:
Chelan, Douglas, Kittitas, Klickitat, Okanogan, YakimaProject Description:
LOCUS OF POSITION
The locus of operation will be a home office located within the assigned recruitment territory. The University will provide necessary office equipment and a state vehicle for University related travel. This position will be based in Chelan, Douglas, Kittitas, Klickitat, Okanogan, Yakima counties in Washington State.Project Duration:
Yes - BothResponsible HR User:
Saundra GodinResponsible HR User Email address:
We are currently seeking skilled and team-oriented applicants for the following position: Admissions Representative-Regional
- The Admissions Representative-Regional position is a non-renewable appointment, budgeted through August 2, 2022.
The Admissions Representative assists the Admissions office in conducting recruitment in the central part of Washington, specifically for Chelan, Douglas, Kittitas, Klickitat, Okanogan, Yakima counties. The candidate will be expected to work from a home-based office within the territory which will be specifically Yakima county. Duties include visiting high schools, attending college fairs, conducting outreach events to prospective students, guidance and career counselors, alumni, parent groups, and other constituents, and conducting special events.
The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays (adjusted accordingly), tuition waiver benefit and more!
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.About Eastern Washington University:
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to our primary campus in Cheney, we also offer programs in Spokane’s innovative University-District, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.Diversity Statement:
EWU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, age, marital status, families with children, protected veteran or military status, HIV or hepatitis C, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability, as provided for and to the extent required by state and federal laws.Conditions of Employment:
- Position works from a home office; EWU will provide university laptop, internet connection, and other office equipment needed for performance of job duties.
- Ability to be flexible regarding travel and working non-traditional hours, including weekends, when necessary including travel within territory, away from Regional office.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required.
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value, as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior to beginning employment.
This position is covered by the Public School Employees’ Collective Bargaining Agreement.Physical Demands :
Optional: Contact Saundra Godin in Human Resources at [email protected] to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis which will describe conditions of employment, such as physical demands.
Position will require extensive sitting and walking; selected candidate must be able to lift and carry up to 25lbs involving recruiting materials.Pre-Placement Physical :
NoHearing Test :
NoMedical Monitoring Post Hire :
NoProtective Equipment :
University, local, regional and state mandates for public and personal protection should be followed as needed.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bi-lingual Ability-Spanish required
- Previous work experience in admissions, recruitment, student advising, student activities, marketing, leadership development, sales or related field.
- Ability to participate in evening and weekend events and multi-day recruitment trips, which will require a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures regarding transfer admission and records management.
- Capacity to effectively address diverse constituencies;
- Advanced computer skills to include: Microsoft Office Suite and SCT Banner (or equivalent); proficient user of laptop computer, projector, and cell phone.
- Position will require extensive sitting and walking; selected candidate must be able to lift and carry up to 25lbs involving recruiting materials.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility, and/or diversity.
- Masters degree in Communications, Business, Public Administration or related field(s).
- Knowledge of customer relationship management systems.
- Knowledge in planning and executing events.
- Knowledge of Eastern Washington University.
- Demonstrated ability to manage programs from planning through implementation to completion.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, pay attention to detail and produce desired results.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, friendly and effective manner both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of an integrated team.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
8am-5pm, Monday-Friday (40 hours/week), plus frequent evening and weekend hours for events related to student visitations and recruitment. Position will be expected to travel frequently.Posting Date:
02/12/2021Open Until Further Notice:
03/05/2021Screening to Begin:
March 8, 2021Special Instructions to Applicants:
It is strongly recommended that you print a copy of these instructions and the position posting before you begin to complete the online application, as the instructions will not be viewable once you begin the application process.
Required documentation includes all of the items listed below.
1. Attach a detailed cover letter in which you explain how you meet each of the required qualifications [and preferred qualifications, if applicable]. It is preferred that you provide that information in a bulleted list or within a table within your cover letter.
2. Attach a chronological resume including work history and major duties, education, and any specialized training or skills related to the position. Please list at least 3 professional references including: names, titles, organization name, phone numbers, email addresses, and connection to you (these can be identical to the references listed on the application).
3. Complete the online application form and respond to the online questions, if applicable.
4. Applicant Certification – please download the Certification form (link is provided in the next field); then complete and sign the form, and upload it to this link.
5. Diversity Response – As an equal opportunity employer with a multicultural staff and student population, we are interested in how your qualifications prepare you to work with diverse faculty, staff, and student populations representing various cultures and backgrounds that may be different from your own. You will be asked to attach a diversity response as part of the online application process: Please describe how you will apply an approach that is supportive to the diverse needs, including universal access, of our students, faculty, staff, and the public.
Pursuant to RCW 28B.112.080, applicants for employment at any Washington State institution of higher education, are required to provide a signed statement verifying information about their history of prior sexual misconduct and providing authorization for current and previous employers to disclose relevant records to Eastern Washington University.
All applicants are required to download the statement linked below, complete and sign it, and then attach the signed statement as part of their job application: Required Applicant Certification .
Attach the completed and signed certification to the document link called Applicant Certification.
Application% of Time:
70Responsibility / Duty:
Coordinate recruitment and outreach utilizing best practices in territory management:
- Travel to represent the University and support recruiting efforts;
- Conduct recruitment visits to high schools, community colleges, community organizations and other recruitment venues;
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with guidance counselors, community organizations and agencies, and other key influencers;
- Maintain contact with prospective students, school personnel, families, etc. and make referrals as necessary given the specific needs of students;
- Advise prospective students, school personnel and families on processes/policies relating to application, admissions, financial aid, and academics;
- Perform outreach activities; participate in events; serve as university liaison; disseminate university information;
- Assist with recruitment events including the information sessions and visits;
- Document and report regular monthly contacts and activities;
- Maintain regular applicants;
- Produce follow-up reports regarding recruitment activities and future plans, or other topics as requested.
Yes% of Time:
30Responsibility / Duty:
Support project management and record management operations within the Office of Admissions:
- Ensure accurate tracking of prospects through database entry and tracking;
- Advise students and key influencers on admission and financial aid status and processes;
- Evaluate new student applications adhering to university admissions policies;
- Assist with other Admissions related functions and activities.