Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs
Isothermal Community College seeks a Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs. The outstanding candidate selected for this position will serve as the college's Chief Academic Officer and will lead a team of seven deans and directors to meet the mission of "improving life through learning.” The position reports directly to the president.
The Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs will be expected to:
* Provide leadership for all instructional and student services including program development and evaluation; outcomes assessment; faculty, director, and dean selection; development and evaluation of comprehensive Academic and Student Services systems.
* Provide leadership for library services.
* Provide leadership for ongoing assessment of instructional programs and all services.
* Assist faculty/staff in program evaluation and in assessment of institutional effectiveness.
* Provide leadership, in collaboration with others, for accreditation and for communication with accrediting bodies, including but not limited to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) and third-party accrediting bodies in support of academic programs and services.
* Provide leadership for policy recommendations, and development and implementation of procedures related to high school programs.
* Supervise programs and activities of others and provides feedback and mentoring to promote professional growth and continuous improvement.
* Use data to make decisions in support of program improvement, faculty and staff development, and equitable outcomes for students.
* Serve as a liaison officer with the North Carolina Community College System Office regarding instructional and student services.
* Teach courses on occasion to maintain currency in leading edge instructional practices.
* Advise the President and assist in formulation of the policies and procedures for the operation of the college.
* Advise the President and assist in developing the college plan and budget, especially as related to academic programs and student services.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
The qualifications are:
* Master’s degree, required. Doctorate preferred.
* Minimum of three years of progressively responsible and complex leadership and supervisory experience, required.
* Postsecondary teaching experience, required.
* Community college experience, preferred
For more details on the position and to apply, visit: https://isothermal.peopleadmin.com
Isothermal Community College is one of North Carolina's leading community colleges. Based in Spindale, it serves Rutherford and Polk counties, with three locations, and a leading online presence. Isothermal is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to offer more than 100 associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates that prepare students for university transfer or immediate employment. The college also offers short-term, non-degree programs in healthcare, hospitality, emergency services, and more. Isothermal also serves high school students at the Rutherford Early College High School (REaCH) and Polk Early College, and offers classes at area high schools through the Career and College Promise program. It is a member of the 58-college North Carolina Community College System.