Enterprise Business Analyst 2
Job no: 495458
Work type: Non-Classified/Professional
Location: Boise, ID
Categories: Information Technology, Project Management
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.Job Summary/Basic Function:
Responsible for working with the business to understand their business goals, objectives, processes and requirements. Collaborate with both IT and the project stakeholders to collect, clarify and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design from which a solution can be determined, developed and deployed.Level Scope:
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.Essential Functions:
60% of Time the Enterprise Business Analyst 2 must:
● Works with single or groups of stakeholders to understand current process and gather new requirements using a variety of techniques such as brainstorming sessions and structured process walk through sessions.
● Identifies and clarifies requirements using basic conceptual and logical process/data modeling techniques such as business process flow charts, simple data flows or workflow.
● Documents business needs assessment, identifying the problem to be solved and provide input to potential solutions.
● Research vendors and software products to determine best solution fits based on business requirements and alignment with University architecture.
● Documents future state process design, illustrating inputs, outputs and cross swim lame handoffs.
● Works with the developers and operations teams to gather estimates for development and cost savings.
● Understands the distinction between functional, non-functional and business requirements and can effectively document them for technical teams and can document them accordingly.
● Identifies potential gaps with future state processes. Designs user acceptance test plans and test cases.
● Understands complexity of project to be deployed and can recommend where campus training may be necessary.
● Develop software requirement specifications, lead requirements gathering, assist developers with technical solutions, conduct quality assurance validation, and coordinate user acceptance testing for enterprise projects, specifically to Oracle Financials Cloud, Oracle HCM Cloud, and PeopleSoft Campus Solutions.
● Draft, update, and maintain project documentation to meet project timelines, provide clear direction to developers, and serve as a record for knowledge base reference.
● Query data and write basic to intermediate SQL statements for student, human resources, and financial projects.
● Provides minimal project coordination for low complexity, single department projects.
● Identify if business requirements are being met during vendor or software demonstrations.
● Serve as the liaison between the business and the technical teams.
● Participate in the creation of communications and training plans.
● Ability to develop business model components
● Facilitate workshops with stakeholders.
● Ability to communicate with diagrams to clarify and validate requirements.
● Ability to research new software and alternatives.
● Ability to work with vendors to understand their products.
● Experience utilizing critical thinking skills to proactively problem solve including anticipation of issues, determination of solution or resolution and provide appropriate communication to impacted parties.
● Experience with MS Suite and other standard office applications.
● Ability to communicate complex issues clearly and effectively.
● Knowledge and understanding of relational database systems and tools such as SQL and SQL query tool(s) such as Oracle SQL*Plus.
● Knowledge and understanding of ERP concepts and functions.
● Relevant certification from IIBA, PMI or other project management related organization.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 2 years of relevant professional experience.Salary and Benefits:
Starting salary is $58,240.00, commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://hrs.boisestate.edu/benefits/.Required Application Materials:
Cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references.
Advertised: February 17, 2021
Applications close: March 03, 2021