Senior Coordinator of Student Organization Engagement
Job no: 495466
Work type: Non-Classified/Professional
Location: Boise, ID
Categories: Student Services
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
We believe that Boise State University students have the potential to change the world. When students get involved on campus, they extend their learning beyond the classroom, make strong connections to the campus community, gain skills that employers are seeking, and develop the capacity to lead. We invite enthusiastic applicants to consider applying for the position of Senior Coordinator of Student Organization Engagement in the Student Involvement and Leadership Center.Job Summary/Basic Function:
Responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating services and programs for clubs and organizations with a specific focus on affinity groups.Level Scope:
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.Essential Functions:
Organized within the Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management, the Student Involvement and Leadership Center provides space and context for students to explore purpose and realize potential. The Senior Coordinator of Student Organization Engagement is at the center of the action, advising and supporting our community of more than 200 student organizations in specific duties that include (but are not limited to):
- Daily advising and support for clubs and organizations with a specific focus on affinity groups. Assist affinity groups in their capacity building for sustainable futures.
- Creating, implementing, and evaluating equity and inclusion programs for student organizations.
- Serving on the advising team to support the Associated Students of Boise State University and Inclusive Excellence Student Council.
- Serving as the “hub” and connection from our department to Divisional objectives as we work cross-departmentally to close equity-gaps for student success.
- Assisting in coordination of departmental initiatives related to student success and retention, including assessment of program and service impact and assisting in coordination of departmental professional development and training to increase staff capacity and skills.
- Strong alignment and experience around creating a sense of belonging among students.
- Experience helping students navigate conflict around differences using civil discourse, engagement, and discussion. This may also include a conflict management background or relevant professional experience.
- The ability to build rapport with a variety of students with different backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences.
- An understanding of student development and creating an environment conducive to student success as it is described and written about in the current higher education literature.
- An understanding and experience around creating spaces for students to process, ask questions, and be vulnerable during their growth and meaning making.
- Experience connecting students with resources and communities of support.
- Possesses knowledge and understanding of how attitudes, mindsets, and behaviors impact our work and how to mitigate the impact on the educational environment.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree or Equivalent
- Higher Education Administration, College Student Development, Leadership Development, Student Affairs, Counseling or a field that would prepare one for college student advising, event planning, and curriculum design and development.
Salary starts at $43,700 depending on experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://hrs.boisestate.edu/benefits/.Required Application Materials:
Please provide a cover letter indicating interest and qualifications and a resume with employment history.
Advertised: February 17, 2021
Applications close: Open until filled