Federal Work Study-DEVELOPMENT & EXTERNAL AFFAIRS
Job Title: Federal Work Study-DEVELOPMENT & EXTERNAL AFFAIRS
Location: Atl Metropolitan State College
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 224202
Welcome to Atlanta Metropolitan State College (AMSC), a University System of Georgia (USG) institution that is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Atlanta Metropolitan State College has a rich history that is tied to the City of Atlanta for which it is appropriately named. The college offers high quality baccalaureate, associate and certificate programs that are challenging, comprehensive and very affordable. Atlanta Metropolitan State College currently serves about 3,000 students and is situated on a beautifully landscaped Southwest Atlanta campus; which is located ten minutes south of downtown Atlanta and fifteen minutes north of Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.Job Summary The primary function of the part-time temporary work-study student is to assist on campus departments with clerical and customer service duties. This position reports to the hiring manager of the specific hiring department. The candidate will also be expected to occasionally assist with office related functions. When assigned in the office, the employee reports to the Office Manager.Responsibilities
- Reception, data entry, filing and other clerical support. Specifically involves working in the following areas: -Disseminating information, office supply orders. – Fulfill requests for photocopying, scanning, and run errands (campus deliveries and pick-ups as needed).
- Assisting with Conference Center to include event planning: venue reservations, confirmations and follow-up.
- Management of Social Media and Digital Marketing Platforms.
- Creating marketing flyers and posting to social media.
- Responding to inquiries from general public, students, faculty, and staff.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Current Atlanta Metropolitan State College student in good standing with at least a 2.0 cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA).Students must have a class schedule showing course schedule.Current academic year’s completed FAFSA and approved for Financial Aid work-study.Attention to detail, professionalism, dependability, and strong communication skills.Ability to work independently and as a team member.Knowledge of social media platforms, posting AMSC information to social media, general marketing concepts.Punctual reliable and dependable.
Atlanta Metropolitan State College is an equal employment opportunity employer. Atlanta Metropolitan State College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or military/veteran status.
EVerify # 111036