SENIOR DIGITAL LEARNING DESIGNER,Digital Learning and Innovation
SENIOR DIGITAL LEARNING DESIGNER,Digital Learning and InnovationTracking Code2245 Job Description
The Instructional Production Services (IPS) group within the Digital Learning & Innovation office at Boston University offers instructional strategy and design in online & hybrid modalities, digital media creation, and course production in service of the University's digital initiatives.
The Senior Digital Learning Designer reports to the Manager of the IPS team. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively in a cross-functional team to lead the design, development, and build of complex digital learning projects, including playing an integral role on the design and development team of Questrom's novel online at scale MBA program. Focusing on the target audience and overall learning experience for each project, they will work to ensure courses meet the agreed-upon specifications, and standards of quality for online learning.
- Work as part of the IPS team to guide members of the BU teaching community (faculty and project stakeholders) on the design and development of synchronous and hybrid digital learning content by bringing forth user experience guidelines and innovative pedagogical possibilities in the production of effective and engaging instructional materials.
- Providing expertise to faculty and other stakeholders through the development of comprehensive instructional strategy applications on various Learning Management Systems (e.g., Blackboard, edX) and utilizing various third-party tools (e.g., Yellowdig, Pronto, Feedback Fruits, etc.)
- Cultivating collaborative and professional relationships with faculty and other stakeholders while guiding individuals through the course and curricular design process.
- Working cross-functionally, to ensure timely completion of design, development, and build of innovative large-scale digital learning projects, while maintaining a high-quality end product.
- Educating and informing other project stakeholders about course goals, pedagogical design, and project development status.
- Collaborating with IPS Multimedia Producers to inform the pre-production and post-production choices in creating digital media assets.
- Supporting other Digital Learning Designers in their work through proactive training and coaching.
- Innovating learning strategies in support of blended and peer-to-peer learning.
- Supporting continuous improvement for IPS by defining and measuring the efficacy of IPS-developed learning assets and applications and proposing recommendations for revisions based on desired learning outcomes and learner interaction data.
- Bachelor’s Degree; certifications in instructional design or related field.
- Five to eight years of direct experience designing, creating, editing, and launching digital instructional content in a higher education setting.
- Three to five years’ experience working on cross-functional teams and strategically with many constituencies within a research university setting.
- Demonstrated ability to apply instructional design principles, learning theory, and educational technologies in the design and development of learning experiences.
- Experience working with digital content creation tools, other educational technology tools, and multiple learning management systems.
- Leadership abilities in training, mentoring, and coaching designers in course design, learning experience design, and faculty relationship building best practices.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and project management skills (including the ability to manage multiple deadlines and to organize and prioritize work accordingly) for themselves and the broader project in a fast-paced environment; familiarity with common task or project management tools (MS Teams, Trello, Asana, or similar).
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills demonstrated in a leadership context.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a multicultural, collaborative environment; an adaptable mindset to work as part of a growing team in the shifting landscape of the institution and higher education in general.
- Flexibility, imagination, and creative problem-solving skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular