Director of Campus Life
Job location: BYU–Hawaii
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-17
If you currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job board.
Job Description Summary:
The Director of Campus Life works under the guidance of the Student Life Vice-President and in close partnership with the Dean of Students.
The Director is responsible for providing foundational and transformative development opportunities that maximize the on-campus, as well as virtual, learning and living experience for students.
The Director sustains an enterprising culture of student engagement, wellness, and success rooted in principles and outcomes that promote character, leadership, inclusion, equity, and service.
This Director has overall responsibility for providing vision, leadership, and strategic direction for a comprehensive range of Student Life programs. Areas of stewardship include: Student Housing, Student Leadership & Service, Student Recreation & Wellness, Student Conduct, and Student Activities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree from an accredited college/university, preferably in student affairs, student development, counseling, educational leadership, recreation management, organizational management, or a related field.
- Eight years of full-time experience with progressively increasing responsibilities demonstrating integrative leadership for student programs, activities, services, mentoring, and outreach in higher education, or management level administration in areas closely related to scope of Director’s responsibilities.
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a culturally competent professional with broad awareness and experience interacting with and supporting the needs of a diverse student population.
- Ability work as part of a leadership team dedicated to responsibility and collaboration, both in integrating Student Life services and in support of university learning and instruction objectives.
- Ability to foster a supportive student-learning environment and deliver unique and impactful student development experiences.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships of trust and reliability with a variety of university staff, administration, faculty, and community partners to meet the needs of students and colleagues.
- Ability to effectively advise, motivate and mentor students in a variety of volunteer, work, leadership, residential, and virtual settings.
- Commitment to the training and professional development of staff under director’s stewardship
- In-depth familiarity with and appreciation for the CES/BYU-Hawaii Honor Code