Instructional Lab Coord, Sr
Job Title: Instructional Lab Coord, Sr
Location: NAU - Yuma
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 605210
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values. We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our efforts and working side by side to further NAU’s culture of excellence.
This is a Full-time (40 hours per week) 10 month (roughly August – May) position for the School of Nursing at NAU Yuma.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
- Coordinates the daily operations of the skills and simulation labs
- Manages and inventories skills and simulation lab equipment, supplies and facilities
- Supports faculty in simulation and skills lab, to include by not limited to:
- Transitions location of mannequins for effective use
- Sets up and breaks down equipment for simulation scenarios
- Operates software during simulation scenarios
- Provides audio/visual support during simulations and debriefing
- Programs simulation scenarios into software
- Moulage simulation mannequins
- Undergraduate bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
*A combination of related education, experience, and training.
- Master’s degree in nursing.
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist (CHSOS).
- Experience in clinical simulation.
- Teaching experience in nursing.
- Experience in health care of rural populations.
- Familiar with medical terminology.
- Basic audio/visual technological skills.
- Computer software management.
- Experience tracking and managing inventory supply.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of methods, materials and techniques used in laboratory and research work.
- Advanced knowledge of university and departmental safety regulations.
- Skill in prioritizing and completing multiple tasks of varying complexity and urgency in a timely and efficient manner.Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships.Communicates effectively.Possesses strong problem solving, organizational, and analytical capabilities.Promotes a diverse, inclusive environment.
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus and NAU-Fort Defiance as these campuses have on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities.
If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Commensurate with experience.
**The starting salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected applicant balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days. If your position includes the supervision of a benefit-eligible employee, we offer the NAU Supervisors Academy for you to complete within your first 2 years.
March 2, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.