Adult Education Test Proctor
At Amarillo College, our students are the priority. It is our mission and our responsibility to enrich their lives by helping them identify an educational pathway that will lead to success in life. It is therefore required that every team member, regardless of job title or duties, be responsible, first and foremost, for assisting students in every way.
We are currently seeking a Part Time Test Proctor for our Adult Education Program who will adhere to the aforementioned mission statement and who will oversee the organization and management of the testing rooms at the Washington and Community Link Campuses. The Test Proctor is responsible for proctoring and administering standardized tests to groups and individuals while maintaining a quiet atmosphere for testing. The Test Proctor is responsible for following standard testing protocol as required by staff and test publisher.
This a Grant Funded Position; Continued Employment is Contingent on Grant Renewal and Funding
GENERAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Preferred: 2 years of clerical office or basic information technology experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures; and standardized testing tools.
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Proficient Communication Skills (interpersonal, verbal, and written).
- Ability to apply ethical standards to work situations.
- Ability to show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences and promote a harassment-free environment.
- Ability to embrace and support constructive change.
- Customer Service Mindset.
- Dependability and Integrity.
- Current Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Service Oriented.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proctor and administer standardized tests to groups and individuals.
- Maintain a quiet, secure atmosphere for testing.
- Maintain daily testing schedules, records, test files.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all test materials, test logs, and other test documents.
- Understand and upholds test procedures; adhere to academic and grant integrity policies and procedures.
- Work with faculty to have information/materials to proctor exams in a timely manner.
- Work with students who have need of special accommodations, including, but not limited to reading tests, scribing tests, or providing special testing climate.
- Work independently and responsibly in the absence of supervision.
- Report all communication to center staff in a timely manner.
- Attend trainings as required.
- Performs any other duties or tasks as assigned by the College.
- Monitor student exams to ensure receipt of testing accommodations.
- Participate in and complete performance assessments/evaluations as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- As an Amarillo College employee, seek knowledge of and pledge to actively engage in a culture of caring striving to serve students, peers and the community by embracing the AC Core Values: Wow, Family, Fun, Innovation, and Yes!
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to travel between offices and buildings, and requires the ability to lift, carry, push, pull and/or maneuver office supplies up to 50 pounds, as needed. Must be able to sometimes sit or stand for long periods.
Work Conditions: This is a part time position not to exceed 19 hours/week. Must be available M-T consistently 8:00 am- 1:00 pm or 4:30-9:00 pm
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional testing center environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, and filing cabinets.
Salary: Aligned with the current published salary scale for the represented position grade, commensurate with experience.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Amarillo College is committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our clients but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our customers.
Promotional Opportunity Policy
Under the Amarillo College Promotional Opportunity Policy, only current appointed or part-time non-appointed employees will be considered for a position during the first five (5) working days from notice or posting.