Storekeeper 1 (Laboratory Inventory Support), College of Science and Mathematics (Internal Appl...
Job no: 495026
Work type: Regular full time
Location: Glassboro, New Jersey
Categories: Administrative - Clerical
- Under close supervision, assists in receiving, storing, keeping inventory, and issuing supplies, parts, materials, and equipment; performs other tasks related to organizing the storeroom or other assigned areas; does other related work as required.
Examples of Work:
- Organizes stocks of materials delivered to academic departments.
- Helps with unloading and unpacking shipments from trucks and/or freight cars.
- Checks incoming shipments for conformity with orders and specifications and sees that stock is in good condition.
- When requisitions are received, interacts with 3rd party vendors to generate quotes for purchase
- Enters requisition requests and purchase orders in the electronic system.
- Submits orders to 3rd party vendors based on departmental needs.
- Checks orders being packed for delivery for quality, proper packing, and sufficient postage.
- Coordinates the shipping and receiving of materials.
- Sees that the stock areas are maintained in a clean, orderly, safe, and sanitary condition, including floors, shelves, bins, and racks.
- Takes periodic inventories.
- Maintains receiving records and updates electronic system logging received items.
- Delivers received materials to end users within the building.
- Maintains a set of stock record cards.
- Will be required to learn how to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
- One (1) year of experience in work involving receiving, storing, safeguarding, and recording parts, materials, equipment, and supplies of varied types in an organized storeroom.
- Knowledge of storage procedures and methods for materials used in the academic departments.
- Knowledge of stock record keeping methods and procedures.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written directions and to learn quickly from oral and written explanations and from demonstrations.
- Ability to receive requisitions and ensure proper entry into electronic request system, conversion into purchase orders, and submission of orders to 3rd party vendors.
- Ability to unpack, unload, store, sort, record, and deliver incoming materials of varied types and to check the quality and quantity of stock received against orders and specifications.
- Ability to take the proper precautions required to safeguard stored equipment, materials, parts, and supplies from theft, loss, damage, and fire.
- Knowledge of modern transportation, shipping, and packing methods and the ability to prepare materials for shipping.
- Ability to assist in the taking of periodic inventories.
- Ability to do simple clerical work and to prepare simple reports.
- Ability to request quotes from vendors and enter requisitions for purchasing.
- Ability to learn how to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
- Appointees will be required to possess a driver's license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform the essential duties of the position.
Eligibility and Consideration:
- For promotions, this would be a provisional opportunity pending successful completion of the Civil Service promotional exam process.
Advertised: Feb 16 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Mar 2 2021 11:55 PM Eastern Standard Time