STEPS Instructional Designer
STEPS Instructional DesignerRequisition Number:
3J532:STEPS Temporary EmploymentWork Location:
Lexington, KYSalary Range:
$35.00Type of Position:
TemporaryPosition Time Status :
Ability to sit at a computer for long periods of time.Shift:
40 hours per week. 8:00am-5:00pmJob Summary:
Assignment to a Presidential initiative of high import. Will begin working for 4 months with course and program development with the HR Training and Development department at the University of Kentucky. The Instructional Designer may assist with the following:
• Support for effective use of instructional design models
• Support for effective use of technologies using synchronous/asynchronous online tools
• Work with Training & Development and subject matter experts to develop learning outcomes, assessments, content creation and curation for online and instructor-led courses
• Media production knowledge
• Monitor/evaluate for accessibility compliance
• Incorporate best practices for the quality assurance process
In the interim, this position could function remotely or on-campus.
• Requires proficiency with e-Learning authoring software such as Captivate or Articulate, use of graphics and graphical design, video editing and other design elements.
• Minimum of 3 years: The ideal candidate must have knowledge and skills of Captivate Software, SAP, Adobe Suite Products, Microsoft Office and Web Based training and development; excellent attention to detail; strong communication and presentation skills; exceptional planning and organizational skill; effective written and verbal communication skills; ability to solve routine problems and manage resources; demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service, time management, and judgment; and respect for confidentiality and diversity.
• Effective project management and time management skills to deliver courseware within critical time constraints and under budget;
• Experience with higher education and learning management systems, video conferencing and education technology tools;
• Experience with instructional design or working with trainers and subject matter experts; and
• Experience with instructional design work with financial, business or accounting content a plus.
NoDeadline to Apply:
03/01/2021University Community of Inclusion:
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.