10018391 Facilities Business Assistant Contracts
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsSchool/Department: Facilities Administration Primary Location: Macon Position: Staff Job Type: Full Time Position Close Date: Until Filled Description:
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for coordinate with Facilities personnel, Purchasing Manager, and vendors to follow established procedures in duties related to budgets, contracts and personnel matters.
- Produce monthly budget status report and submit budget amendments as directed
- Maintain spreadsheet of all MRR expenses, balancing with Budget Office on a quarterly basis
- Compile end of year requests and produce report with supporting documentation
- Work with Facilities staff to produce annual MRR requests, Capital Projects submittals, annual budget, and end of year requests
- Produce MRR annual and quarterly reports
- Coordinate with Purchasing and Facilities AP/Purchasing to reconcile open encumbrances
- Coordinate all ADA-related funding requests
- Work with Plant staff and/or consultants to write specifications for contracts.
- Coordinate bid process with Facilities staff, MGA purchasing and vendors, for all 5 campuses.
- Maintain compliance with BOR public works and DOAS bid procedures.
- Responsible for contract and change order origination, execution and closeout, including verifying payments amounts are correct. Resolve issues based on contract language.
- Create/renew O&M annual, public works, Task Order and other contracts as needed; maintain files.
- Complete all contract-related forms for Purchasing Office.
- Coordinate with Facilities, HR and Budget Office staff on all personnel matters, including PARFs, Job Requisitions and annual evaluations, maintaining absolute confidentiality on all matters.
- Perform related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of MGA, BOR and DOAS purchasing and contracting principles and practices.
- Knowledge of budget management principles.
- Skill in the operation of computers and job-related software programs.
- Skill in the operation and maintenance of a variety of job-related tools and equipment.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in organizing data and files.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: The Director of Facilities Administration assigns work in terms of very general to specific instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures and the nature and propriety of the final results.
GUIDELINES: Guidelines include DOAS purchasing manual, BOR construction manual and public works procedures, MGA policies and procedures.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK:
- The work consists of varied administrative duties. The variety of operations to be managed contributes to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to coordinate administrative responsibilities. Success in this position results in the provision of safe and attractive facilities for all university operations.
- Complexity consists of the variety of duties and coordinating with different groups who have diverse goals.
- The employee may be required to work occasionally after hours and on weekends.
- All employees must pass a background check, motor vehicle report, and may be required to submit for a credit check for issuance of a purchasing card. MGA is a drug-, alcohol-, and tobacco-free campus.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college employees, contractors, vendors, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to provide services, to give or exchange information, or to resolve problems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, walking, bending or crouching. The employee frequently lifts light objects, uses equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, distinguishes between shades of color, and utilizes the sense of smell.
- The work is typically performed in an office, stockroom, warehouse and outdoors, occasionally in cold or inclement weather. The employee may be exposed to noise, dust, dirt, grease, machinery with moving parts, or irritating chemicals.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: This position does not have any supervisory or management responsibilities.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to intermediate skills typically gained through completion of an Associate’s Degree in business, procurement, construction, or a similar field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Currently holds a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia – Class C.
- Three to five years in a similar position.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- This position is non-exempt (bi-weekly paid).
- Salary grade 12.
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: [email protected] with the subject line “10018391 Facilities Business Assistant – Contracts 2.17.2021”. Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Staff application; a letter of interest; and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.
Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D