10018618 Enrollment Support Specialist I
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsSchool/Department: Strategic Partnership Primary Location: Macon Position: Staff Job Type: Full Time Position Close Date: Until Filled Description:
JOB SUMMARY: This position coordinates enrollment functions specific to the transition, onboarding, and retention of all students, with a primary focus on efforts and processes related to MGA Direct Online and the Delta Scholars phone line. This position is based on the Macon campus.
- Assists the Executive Director for Corporate Partnerships and Student Transition in executing a student centered/first model that positively impacts first year transitions, onboarding, and retention of students
- Serves as a primary point of contact for MGA Direct Online and the Delta Scholars phone line
- Provides information and assistance to employers of Delta and visitors, faculty, staff and constituents related to corporate partnerships
- Supports the facilitation of the efforts (i.e. concierge phone line, launch days, advertisements, etc.) that strengthen ties to our corporate/community partners for the purpose of increasing enrollment
- Supports the development and implementation of various electronic/technology based platforms to include the online orientation, academic navigator system, and various communications (i.e. chat boards, social media, video conferencing) for the purpose of increasing institutional enrollment and retention
- Assists with hiring, training, and supervision of student workers
- Attends on/off campus meetings, prepares various documents (i.e. contracts, promotional materials, assessments, and data reports) for distribution to on and off campus stakeholders and cross-trains to assist with processing admissions applications and documents
- Provides front-line customer service in person, via phone, and internet to prospective and current students
- Manages calendars and databases; plans meetings, events, and conferences; maintains files and records
- Develops and implements office policies and procedures for the submission of documentation
- Serves as liaison between the Executive Director, departments/divisions, and corporate/community partnerships
- Supports office budget processes to include processes travel requests, disbursement request forms, and check request forms
- Plans and coordinates semester specific events to include ordering supplies; creating programs, nametags, certificates, etc.; assists with special projects, data collection, and report preparation
- Coordinates communications, including taking calls, responding to emails and interfacing with faculty, staff, students and community leaders.
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
- Performs related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures
- Knowledge of computers and job related software programs
- Knowledge of Middle Georgia State University admissions policies
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in the provision of customer services to applicants and students
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Develop and sustain a level of professionalism among staff and clientele
- Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Friendly and professional demeanor
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: The Vice President for Enrollment Management and Executive Director for Corporate Partnerships and Student Transition assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
GUIDELINES: Guidelines include the university’s enrollment management policies and procedures.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK:
- The work consists of community work with our stakeholders, data preparation, along with planning events, managing large groups of people and enrollment initiatives. Frequent interruptions contribute to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to provide front line customer service and technical support for office operations. Success in this position contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of those operations.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, faculty, staff, students, members of the general public and community leaders.
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, or to provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing or stooping.
- The work is performed in an office, on any of our five campuses or in the community meetings.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: Assists with oversight of student workers.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with having at least 15 years of experience.
- Position is non-exempt (bi-weekly paid).
- Pay grade 14.
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: [email protected] with the subject line “10018618 Enrollment Support Specialist I 2.17.2021”. Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Staff application; a letter of interest; and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.
Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D