10018177 Library Student Assistant
Student ApplicationSchool/Department: Library Services Primary Location: Macon Position: Student Job Type: Part Time Position Close Date: Until Filled Description:
JOB SUMMARY: Middle Georgia State University is seeking candidates for the position of Part-Time Library Student Assistant. This position provides general library assistance in the library during evening hours. Employee does not normally work during intersession (between semesters), Spring Breaks, during holiday periods or other times when the library is not open, but opportunities to do so may occasionally arise. Maximum of 19 hours per week.
- Perform general circulation desk services, including charging and discharging of library materials, shelving returned books.
- Provides assistance in the use of the online catalog.
- Assist library users with software issues as needed (Microsoft Office, email, BrightSpace/D2L, etc.).
- Assist library users with technology issues as needed (computers, printers, scanners, etc.).
- Assist with processing of new library material as needed.
- Assist with the designing of library displays that promote the library, campus and community.
- Assist with the library closing procedures.
- Must be a current enrolled MGA student.
- Must be enrolled in 6 or more semester hours per semester.
- Must have a GPA of 2.0 or greater.
- Strong commitment to public service.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability using computer applications such as Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Some college and experience working in a library preferred.
- Position will remain posted until filled.
TO APPLY: Applicants for all Student Worker jobs are required to have completed a FAFSA for this academic year. Interested applicants should complete an online application at https://www.mga.edu/human-resources/jobs/applications/student-worker-application.php. Please put the position you are applying for as “Student Assistant – Library”.
Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.
Student ApplicationA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D