10018481 Resident Life Student Assistant
Student ApplicationSchool/Department: Resident Life Primary Location: Cochran Position: Student Job Type: Part Time Position Close Date: Until Filled Description:
JOB SUMMARY: This is a part-time, non-benefited position with flexible hours (Will work an average of 19 hours per week). Employee in this position is responsible for the assistance and supervision of Resident Assistants within the residence hall at Middle Georgia State University.
- Developing relationships with Academic Affairs and Student Success.
- Assist and supervises the Resident Assistants (RA) within the residence hall.
- Assist resident Assistants (RA’s) and Resident Life Coordinators (RLC’s) in community development and programmatic efforts.
- Create a caring environment conducive to academic pursuits and to the personal development of students.
- Assist with the enforcement of university regulations and maintenance of order and discipline in the resident halls.
- Promote a secure environment within the residence hall.
- Performs other related duties.
- High school diploma required. Experience in working with residential students required.
- Leadership and peer counseling skills required.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with students, faculty and staff.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Knowledge and skills required by the position include:
- Knowledge of event/program planning;
- Knowledge of budget management principles;
- Skill in the training and supervision of the personnel;
- Skill in decision making and problem solving;
- Skill in building interpersonal relationships with residents;
- Skill in oral and written communication.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Associates degree preferred. Knowledge of Middle Georgia State University residence hall policies.
TO APPLY: Applicants for all Student Worker jobs are required to have completed a FAFSA for this academic year. Interested applicants should complete an online application at https://www.mga.edu/human-resources/jobs/applications/student-worker-application.php. Please put the position you are applying for as “Housing & Residence Life - Cochran”.
Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.
Student ApplicationA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D