SBDC Student Assistant
Job location: Fort Lauderdale
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-02-16
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a SBDC Student Assistant, Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Managing telephone inquiries: call backs, call log, routing calls to other staff.
- Greeting clients and addressing client inquiries.
- Performing clerical duties such as: mail distribution, responding to admin email, conference room schedule and set up, proofing and editing documents, data entry, preparing and analyzing reports, working with other departments as needed.
- ERFC intake process: pulling and processing daily electronic consulting requests and distributing clients to consultants in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Creating and updating social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.), Constant Contact and website content.
- Creating materials for marketing meetings, success stories, quarterly market communication and SBDC events.
- Maintaining media contact list.
- Assisting with online webinars.
- Providing assistance to Marketing Coordinator as needed.
- Attending staff meetings and SBDC events.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
.Minimum Qualifications:Degree-seeking undergraduate student with a minimum of six credit hours (or twelve if international) and a 2.0 GPA required.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
Ability to remain organized while managing a variety of responsibilities required.
Proficiency with MS Office, graphics, and data management required.
Some knowledge of business management and entrepreneurship required.
Ability to process complex information for decision making and problem solving required.
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to handle internal and public relations courteously and tactfully required.
Ability to collaborate with consultants and personnel within the SBDC team required.
Ability to follow university policy and procedures required.
Willingness to learn business-related software required.Salary:$15.00 per hourCollege or Department:Division of ResearchLocation:Fort LauderdaleWork Days and Hours:Monday – Friday, 10 – 20 hours per week.Application Deadline: 2021-02-23-08:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume is required for this position. Make sure to attach any required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.