Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-16
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The Office of the Registrar at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Graduation Assistant, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Assists with the processing of graduation applications and the data entry into the student information system.
- Assists in generating and distributing degree certification reports to the colleges.
- Assists in maintaining the integrity of all aspects of the degree certification process.
- Troubleshoots, consults, and assists the colleges with graduation requirement discrepancies.
- Provides timely responses to questions regarding the graduation process.
- Works with IT staff regarding the quality assurance reports.
- Assists in the maintenance of the Graduation Task calendar and Graduation website.
- Communicates to FAU constituents of critical dates and graduation information.
- Assists with commencement planning and execution of ceremonies, including creating auditorium seating charts, maintaining ticket data base, communicating with outside vendors, organizing special guest accommodations, contacting doctoral candidates.
- Assists in the diploma generation process.
- Assists with the inventory of all graduation supplies (diploma paper, covers, mailers etc.) and coordinates with the office manager for the re-ordering of supplies.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to success in this position.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Must also have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.Salary:$15.95 - $16.50 per hourCollege or Department:Office of the RegistrarLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.Application Deadline: 2021-03-02-08:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Preference in appointment will be given to eligible veterans, spouses of eligible veterans, and certain family members of eligible veterans, in accordance with Florida Statutes, Section 295.07. Please submit your DD214 (Member 4 preferred) showing your dates and character of service with your application as an attachment or fax to 561-297-3915 or scan and email to [email protected], prior to the closing date of the position. If faxing your DD214, please also send an email to [email protected] to notify us that the form was faxed, make sure the email includes your name and the REQ# of the job that was applied to.
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume is required for this position. Make sure to attach any required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.