PHA-20-1 Clinical Assistant Professor (Non-Tenure Track)
The Department of Pharmacy Practice in the School of Pharmacy at the Lebanese American University (LAU) invites applicants for a clinical non-tenure track faculty position at the rank of Clinical Assistant Professor. The primary emphasis of this position is to provide interprofessional collaborative practice and precept pharmacy students and residents at the LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital (LAUMC-RH). Also expected are didactic teaching, research and service. The position is fully-funded by the LAU School of Pharmacy.
Start Date: July 1, 2021
- Provide interprofessional collaborative practice at LAUMC-RH
- Precept pharmacy students and residents assigned at LAUMC-RH
- Deliver didactic teaching based on school program needs
- Develop research and publish scholarly work
- Provide service to the department, university and hospital
- Contribute to the school and university interprofessional education (IPE) program
- Attend to the school’s program accreditation requirements
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree from a recognized University
- PGY1 and PGY2 residencies from ASHP-accredited programs, or Fellowship in clinical pharmacy
- Clinical practice experience in U.S. hospitals/health-systems
- Didactic and/or experiential education experience in U.S. academic pharmacy institutions/hospitals
- Documented research and scholarly publications
- Strong desire to contribute to day-to-day patient care and the advancement of pharmacy practice
- Enthusiasm for precept pharmacy students and residents and serve as a role model practitioner
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Collegiality and cooperative abilities
- High personal integrity and ethical standards
- License or eligibility to be licensed as a pharmacist in Lebanon
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- Board certification by the Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS)
- Familiarity with pharmacy education and practice in Lebanon
The LAU School of Pharmacy is located in LAU’s state-of-the-art Chagoury Health Science Center in Byblos, Lebanon. It enrolls around 430 students in its pre-pharmacy and pharmacy programs. It has a five-year BS in pharmacy program, a six-year PharmD program that is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), an MS graduate program in pharmaceutical development and management, and a PGY1 residency program. The school has partnerships and affiliations with diverse practice sites in Lebanon and the United States with around 190 preceptors who support its wide-ranging experiential education program. The school is committed to achieving and sustaining the highest quality of pharmacy education and research in the region. It has culturally diverse student and faculty groups who are devoted to a progressive academic environment, the development of the individual, and service to the community. Information about the School of Pharmacy can be found at http://pharmacy.lau.edu.lb/.
LAU is a leading higher education institution in the Middle East operating on two campuses, Beirut and Byblos in Lebanon, and enrolls around 8,200 students. LAU is chartered by the Regents of the State University of New York, and is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE). Information about LAU can be found at http://www.lau.edu.lb.
The LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital
LAUMC-RH is the primary teaching hospital for LAU’s schools of Medicine, Nursing, and Pharmacy. Information about LAUMC-RH can be found at https://www.laumcrh.com/.
Standard Application Requirements
Prospective candidates should apply electronically by sending: a letter of interest; statements of teaching philosophy, practice and research interests; updated CV; names and contact details of three professional references, including one as immediate supervisor; copies of the PharmD degree, residency or fellowship certificates, and pharmacy education transcripts to: [email protected]. Candidates must refer to position no. PHA-20-1 .
The school reserves the right to contact additional references. All questions regarding the application should be directed to the school Dean’s Office: [email protected].
The position is opened until filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
AAUP COMPENSATION SURVEY DATAView more
Apply for PHA-20-1 Clinical Assistant Professor (Non-Tenure Track)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly