Full Stack Application Developer (Research Assistant 2)
Search #: 494996
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
The UConn DX Group seeks to hire a full-time developer to join our team at the rank of Research Assistant 2. Your job will be, most simply, to make our web products as awesome as they can be.
This position is for someone with a wide range of skills and a strong desire to learn. Your work may include enhancements and new features on the existing Sourcery app, development and maintenance on any of our other existing digital products, and tech leadership on any new projects we take on. As part of a small team, you’ll have responsibility over core components of our digital products and the freedom to experiment and find creative solutions to tough problems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and improve the codebases of our multiple products
- Consult and implement new features as requested
- Lead new integrations with partners, like Tropy or Zotero
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability
- Get feedback from, and build solutions for, users and customers
- Write functional requirement documents and guides
- Create quality mockups and prototypes
- Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Two years of related experience
- Experience building successful production software systems.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented, data structures, algorithm and analysis.
- Strong knowledge of front-end frameworks like React, Angular, VueJS, and/or Backbone
- Familiarity with object-oriented and RESTful web services
- Experience using transpilers and build tools
- Experience with payment APIs (Stripe or similar)
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience writing and deploying Progressive Web Applications
- Experience with Firebase/Firestore or similar services/technologies
- Experience writing and deploying cloud functions, lambdas, or similar serverless computing technologies
This is full time, 12-month, annually renewable position. Telecommuting arrangements are possible. The typical workday will be normal EST business hours. We offer an industry-competitive salary including a robust benefits package.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #494996 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Evaluation of applicants will begin immediately. For more information regarding the Digital Experience Group please visit the department website at https://dxgroup.core.uconn.edu/.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on March 15, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Feb 16 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Mar 15 2021 Eastern Daylight Time