Program Assistant (Educational Program Assistant 1), Engineering Graduate Programs
Search #: 495031
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Academic Programs and Services
The School of Engineering is seeking applicants for a full-time, end date Educational Program Assistant 1 position. The successful individual, working under the direction of the Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Education, must be able to work independently to provide support and coordinate various administrative components of graduate education programs in the School of Engineering, especially a CTNext-funded program called “Enhancing the Connecticut Entrepreneurship Network” (ECEN). The goal of the ECEN program is to help drive economic development and job growth in Connecticut by financially supporting and intensively training graduate student entrepreneurs that own compelling high-tech IP. The ECEN program places particular emphasis on outreach to under-served communities and building robust new partnerships across the state.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
General Graduate Programs (50% time)
- Provide administrative support to the School of Engineering Graduate Council
- Coordinate graduate student recruitment and promotion of events, including planning and logistics
- Coordinate the graduate programs social media and marketing efforts
- Coordinate a variety of data processing functions central to the graduate program
- Maintain records and prepare necessary reports
- Support education grants
- Perform other duties as may be required.
ECEN Program Support (50% time)
- Support and coordinate administrative components the ECEN project grant, including expenditure planning, account management, interaction with the UConn Office for Sponsored Programs staff, and other university business offices
- Review records and data for accuracy, reconcile differences, and work with other staff and university offices to identify errors and make corrections
- Coordinate outreach and recruiting efforts and administer hiring of graduate students supported by the ECEN program, including processing of graduate assistantship and fellowship awards
- Coordinate outreach and coordination among organizations with similar missions and act as a liaison to partners in the ECEN program
- Coordinate marketing and promotion of the ECEN program
- Lead meeting and event planning and logistics
- Bachelor’s degree and one year of related experience, OR Associate’s degree and two years of related experience.
- Experience with financial transactions such as bookkeeping, travel reimbursements, payroll processing, and/or ordering.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with the ability to solve problems efficiently and effectively.
- Proficient in the use of all MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Teams, and Outlook; and proficient in Google products, including Drive, Docs/Sheets, etc.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and oral, written, and electronic communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Experience managing State and/or Federal grants including application, budgeting, reporting, and reconciliation/closeout process.
- Experience organizing events.
- Experience with social media platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Experience maintaining websites using WordPress with PageBuilder.
This is a full-time, annually renewable position. The University offers a full range of benefits, which can be found at https://hr.uconn.edu/employee-benefits-overview/.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #495031 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on March 10, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Feb 17 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Mar 10 2021 Eastern Standard Time