Patient Scheduling Assistant
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Dental Medicine
Administrative Assistant II – Patient Scheduling Assistant
Position #00766053 – Requisition #20235
- Decides which patient concerns or inquiries need to be passed on to the clinic director, office manager, resident or faculty.
- Must use common judgment when dealing with patients on a daily basis
- Know when to seek assistance with a patient conflicts (i.e. missed appointment, scheduling issues).
- Follows established policies and procedures related to patient records and release of dental records.
- Complies with HIPPAA regulations regarding patient information, correspondence and communications.
- Position may be assigned weekend and/or evening shifts
- Position may be assigned a 4/10 work week schedule
- Examples of Work Performed:
- Greet and assist phone and walk-in customers.
- Pages students, staff and faculty and takes messages as necessary
- Provide exceptional customer service to the 90+ patients seen daily.
- Answer all incoming calls and disseminate appropriately to the correct person or department.
- Handle patient inquiries and provide information regarding dental school policies.
- Greet patients and monitor patient check-in and check-out.
- Maintain and retrieve confidential patient records including updating patient information and signatures.
- Register new patient applications in Axium computer program system and print data verification forms.
- Work with faculty, students, coordinators and other staff in solving scheduling and/or treatment issues.
- Verify financial information and notify patient if payment is due.
- Facilitates efficient and professional patient/student/faculty interaction.
- Facilitate the release of dental records for requesting patients, legal and/or private dental practices.
- On occasion, this position may be assigned other duties needed to help drive to the vision, fulfill the mission, and uphold the organizational values of CU Denver/Anschutz and the SDM.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected] The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Two years of general clerical experience, which includes one year of experience working in a medical/dental environment.
- Experience working with faculty, staff, and students in a higher education environment
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, spreadsheets, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Ability to efficiently organize, multi-task, and prioritize duties and tasks.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Proficient computer skills.
- Ability to interpret complex rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters that require discretion and confidentiality.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Feb 17, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing